What's for Dinner?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that.

What can I say, it was by request.

Sounds pretty tasty to me. Do you fry, bake or grill the wings? Hot sauce and butter or something fancier?

I made some asparagus soup tonight that turned out really well. Pretty simple recipe too.

I marinate the wings for several hours ahead of time. Hot sauce, garlic, Worcestershire, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.

Usually I would grill them for about 40 minutes over indirect low to medium heat and throw a couple of smoker pouches on. However, last night I tried preparing them according to an Alton Brown recipe. I still did the marinade, steamed the wings for 10 minutes, let them dry in the fridge for about an hour, and then baked them for 40 minutes.

They came out nice and crispy, almost like fried. And for the sauce, you got it, nothing more than tabasco and butter.

Tonight is homemade spinach ravioli in a simple tomato basil sauce.

Whole grilled red snapper (seasoned with salt and pepper, thyme and lemon slices stuffed inside) basted with white wine/chicken stock/red, yellow pepper/onion broth (which is ultimately served over the top); roasted corn, "de-cobbed", and tossed in a pan with shredded basil, salt, and pepper; a nice Spanish Rosato to wash it down on this fine, beautiful evening! :)

• 1 month later...

I'll be grilling some Sausage and making sandwiches tonight. Saliciccia on fresh Italian bread with a thin slice of Provolone Piccante, shredded lettuce for those that want it, and all drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a drop of Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena.

Ifireworks2.gif