What's for Dinner?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuban sandwiches:

Homemade mayo.

Homemade turkey breast, brined for a few days and then pan roasted, a la Michael Roberts' Parisian Home Cooking.

Homemade pork loin, brined for a few days; set an herb mix for a day or two; then roasted.

Arugula.

Guacamole.

"Grilled" on a cast iron skillet with a pan smashing them down.

Husband and guests quite satisfyingly in ecstasy. Must say though, it's a strange affair to cook all that meat n' stuffs without tasting any of it. I'm still vegan.

...There's no way I'm not going to have a cheesesteak and a Tastykake. Moderation in all things with room to splurge once in a while.

;)

Cheesesteak and the Tastykake must be like our barbeque and the Moonpie. Never had Tastykake, but cheesesteak is pretty darned good.

• 2 weeks later...

Something of my own devising: a third-of-a-pack of Trader Joe's frozen chicken strips (defrosted, of course), covered with Trader Joe's Rustico pasta sauce, then all this heated up, with some Trader Joe's peas on the side. (There seems to be a theme here.) The chicken strips-pasta sauce combo gives you the satisfying feeling of a heaping bowl of pasta but with a good deal less calories and carbs. And some Italian red wine to wash it down -- Umbria Sangiovese 2006.