What's for Dinner?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Spinach Florentine Salmon w/brown rice and broccoli.

Oooo.

I want that recipe!

The salmon was something my girlfriend picked up at Trader Joe's. The salmon itself was alright, but I wasn't too impressed with the spinach florentine stuffing. Oh well, she wanted to try it.

Made Calzone last night.

Stuffed them with rapini, prosciutto, capocollo, ricotta, and fresh mozzarella.

Tonight, I'm going to blacken some catfish on the grill and serve it with a israeli couscous salad.

that calzone is making me scream!! you are a slammin' chef, catesta!! no doubt about it.

catfish is one of my most favorite fishes but i usually find that when it's blackened, it's too salty for me. i'd still accept an invite for dinner though!

Valerie, you're always invited. :tup

I know what you mean about being blackening too salty.

I use this method on the grill from Steve Raichlen's BBQ USA. I find it to be just right, but I only use about a 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.

1 tablespoon coarse-salt (kosher or sea)

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon onion powder

1 tablespoon dried oregano

1 tablespoon sweet paprika

2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper

2 teaspoons dried thyme

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1) Combine the salt, garlic and onion powders, oregano, parika, black and white peppers, thyme, and cayenne in a bow and stir to mix. (Actually, if you don’t have sensitive skin, your fingers work better for mixing a rub tan a spoon or a whisk does).

2) Rinse the fillets under cold running water, then blot dry with paper towels. Using a pastry brush, generously brush the fish on both sides with melted butter. Thickly sprinkle each fish fillet with the blackening mixture, patting it onto the fish with your fingertips. Refrigerate the fillets, covered, until ready to grill. The fillets should be cold — straight out of the refrigerator—when you put them on the grill.

Edited by catesta

Tonight and in honor of July 4th, Mrs. GoodSpeak is preparing her absolutely awesome potato salad :excited:

Oh, and we're also having BBQ'd chicken with my friend's [professionally made and sold] BBQ sauce: Tio Jorge; grab some if you can. Corn on the cob is a must.

Happy 4th!

Edited by GoodSpeak

Spinach Florentine Salmon w/brown rice and broccoli.

Oooo.

I want that recipe!

The salmon was something my girlfriend picked up at Trader Joe's. The salmon itself was alright, but I wasn't too impressed with the spinach florentine stuffing. Oh well, she wanted to try it.

You Guys have Trader Joe's out there now?

Cool :cool:

This is secret recepie based on very old Scottish method- the rum and ginger are recent additions. It should be made at least two days before you are going too need it

Potted Hare

1 large brown hare

2 pounds loin of pork

6 large chiken livers (plus a few grouse livers if you can get any)

I pound extra pork fat from back

I 1/2 teacups red wine

I egg

I glass Jamaica rum

2 cloves gurlic

I teaspoon powdered ginger

I teaspoon thyme

I pound thinly cut streaky bacon

salt and feshly ground black papper

aspic jelly to cover

Edited by Willard