What's for Dinner?

Tonight is orzo cooked in chicken broth tossed with feta, Roma tomatoes, fresh basil, and olive oil (if it needs it). I can only make meat-free dishes when Jim isn't around. No meal is complete for him without some kind animal! :winky:

It can be a challenge! The other night I made farro with arugula, scallions, toms etc but he wanted fish (and ordered sushi) so I made an Asian dressing: sesame oil, rice vinegar and soy sauce with ginger, thai basil, cilantro. I love cooking in August.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minestra di Fagioli (pasta fazool)

I could eat this every other day.

My father always made it spicy and very thick following my grandmother's recipe and I loved it.

I make it a little more soup like with nicely chopped pieces of pancetta.

fagioli.gif

was in the Village the other night and looking forward to a good meal at the Minetta Tavern. i think the place is about 90+ years old by now! well, it was closed and apparently was sold to some high-end restauranteurs. what a major disappointment. went down the street to Mario's which i think has been there for 90-odd years as well and ate well!

Lots of great berries at the store lately- I made a blueberry cobbler last week that was damn tasty. I've never been much of a baker but it was pretty simple.

I tell ya, sometimes it's hard to get excited about cooking for just one but I do enjoy my various projects.

I actually prefer cooking for one. If it turns out bad, I'm the only one that knows, so my record stays intact. :ph34r::cool: