Brownian Motion

What's for Dinner?

1,005 posts in this topic

Tonight, just a favorite salad- mixed greens, tomato, carrot, red onion, roasted walnuts, gorgonzola crumbles, craisins and raspberry vinegarette.

......and again tonight, with some shredded rotisserie chicken on top.

Parmigiano-Reggiano crusted halibut with Orzo Primavera.

Trying my hand at some chicken cordon bleu with steamed artichoke dipped in lemon butter.

(I have lost 5 pounds in the last couple of weeks, haven't eaten all day today, and I'm starving. :excited: )

At work tonight, so I'll be having whatever the people at the event are having. 99% of the time it's better than what I can afford to purchase myself.

Tonight was chicken teriyaki(I made the teriyaki sauce), rice and broccolli cooked with gralic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil.

Sorry to hear that.

Hardly had any lunch, so I went old school for dinner. . . bacon cheese burger, onion rings, chocolate milk shake, from EZ's. Cholesterol city!

Clogs can be life enhancing.

Sorry to hear that.

What can I say, it was by request.

Sounds pretty tasty to me. Do you fry, bake or grill the wings? Hot sauce and butter or something fancier?

I made some asparagus soup tonight that turned out really well. Pretty simple recipe too.

soup with noodles , fried chicken with potato , cup of tea with lemon

Sorry to hear that.

What can I say, it was by request.

Sounds pretty tasty to me. Do you fry, bake or grill the wings? Hot sauce and butter or something fancier?

I made some asparagus soup tonight that turned out really well. Pretty simple recipe too.

I marinate the wings for several hours ahead of time. Hot sauce, garlic, Worcestershire, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.

Usually I would grill them for about 40 minutes over indirect low to medium heat and throw a couple of smoker pouches on. However, last night I tried preparing them according to an Alton Brown recipe. I still did the marinade, steamed the wings for 10 minutes, let them dry in the fridge for about an hour, and then baked them for 40 minutes.

They came out nice and crispy, almost like fried. And for the sauce, you got it, nothing more than tabasco and butter.

Tonight is homemade spinach ravioli in a simple tomato basil sauce.

A slab of Columbia River spring chinook/king salmon.

Stir fried cabbage...olive oil and garlic.

Beer and a cigar

Edited by wolff

Whole grilled red snapper (seasoned with salt and pepper, thyme and lemon slices stuffed inside) basted with white wine/chicken stock/red, yellow pepper/onion broth (which is ultimately served over the top); roasted corn, "de-cobbed", and tossed in a pan with shredded basil, salt, and pepper; a nice Spanish Rosato to wash it down on this fine, beautiful evening! :)

Going to either boil up a couple of lobsters with potatoes and smoked pimenton, Galician style, or skate with brown butter and champ. "sort of" picnic food for this amazing 78 degree manhattan day!

I'll be grilling some Sausage and making sandwiches tonight. Saliciccia on fresh Italian bread with a thin slice of Provolone Piccante, shredded lettuce for those that want it, and all drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a drop of Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena.

Ifireworks2.gif

Beef stew with dark beer, plum tomatoes, eco meat, shallots and more.

1.75 lb double thick stuffed porkchop from butcher across the street

Fresh steamed green beans

Baked potato with butter

Coca-Cola

Damn it was good!!!!

Spaghetti with zucchini, green peppers, tomatoes, ground beef all mixed into a meat sauce.

T-bone steaks off the grill, with steak fries and cauliflower.

Lamb sausage from the Catskills, corn grilled then shorn off the cobb and sauteed with basil, salt, and pepper; gazpacho from market staples to start! Rhubarb pie (also homemade) for dessert. A productive day!

Taking my wife out to dinner for her birthday to Cleveland's new sensation called "Melt".