Cream

BFrank

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I did hear them play two sets at the Fillmore in August '67... (on a bill with Mike Bloomfield's Electric Flag and Gary Burton's quartet with Larry Coryell)

David, you didn't mention the OTHER bands (or the venue) on JC.

Good ONES!

BTW, I once heard an interview with Bill Graham where he described the first time that Cream played at the Fillmore. He said it was just astounding - the presence of the musicians, the VOLUME and the music. He was literally "blown away".

I'd be very interested to see Clapton again in this context - I've always thought his weakness, even on the old Cream Records, was rhythm,or, really, a lack of rhythmic imagination (as opposed to Peter Green or Mike Bloomfield); I'm particulary alarmed at the way he plays now, because all the fire seems to have gone out of his music. He played better when he was on the junk -

Edited by AllenLowe

I'm particulary alarmed at the way he plays now, because all the fire seems to have gone out of his music.

That would be my worry if I was shelling out $500+ for a ticket.

Also, I don't know what kind of stamina Jack has since his liver transplant a year and a half ago. I would think that the intensity of a full-on Cream concert would take a lot out of anyone.

I was initially skeptical about this reunion, but I have the feeling these guys will rise to the occasion. They probably figure that this will be their last go-round together and this will be a part of their legacy, so I'm really hoping that they'll show up to PLAY.

:rsmile:

I hope so. I'm looking forward to the boots if there's no DVD.

I was initially skeptical about this reunion, but I have the feeling these guys will rise to the occasion. They probably figure that this will be their last go-round together and this will be a part of their legacy, so I'm really hoping that they'll show up to PLAY.

:rsmile:

I hope so. I'm looking forward to the boots if there's no DVD.

Me too.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a DVD.

You'll probably be able to download the shows through bit-torrent if they don't make them available. I don't pay for boots anymore. :D

Can Clapton play like that anymore? In Cream he used to just go all out when he soloed- hard to imagine him doing that now.

Jazz Cat- check out the live stuff if you want to hear some Cream with the doors off.

I love Fender guitars, but for these shows, I hope Clapton will be playing Gibson guitars again. That's what he played in Cream. Gibsons through Marshall amps.

I'm not a big fan of his current tone.

Guest ariceffron

dont be an idiot its the cream reunion- itll be recorded by probably half the audience. on another note: guess how fast Queen sold out the ahoy in amsterdam??? 8 minutes.

its the cream reunion- itll be recorded by probably half the audience.

Aric's right.

I had the debut Brian Wilson Smile concert within two days of the show. There were numerous audience recordings.

Heck, if Clapton filmed the Crossroads Benefit concert, the Cream reunion will definitely be filmed.

Edited by AfricaBrass

Less than two hours were needed for Cream, featuring Eric Clapton, to sell all the tickets this week for its first reunion in nearly four decades, four concerts at the Royal Albert Hall in London in May. The top price was $236. Now some are being resold on the Internet for as much as $2,457, Agence France-Presse reported.

Less than two hours were needed for Cream, featuring Eric Clapton, to sell all the tickets this week for its first reunion in nearly four decades, four concerts at the Royal Albert Hall in London in May. The top price was $236. Now some are being resold on the Internet for as much as $2,457, Agence France-Presse reported.

looking forward to those boots...

I don't know who here has seen/heard The Concert for George, but I believe Eric still has it in spades.

And as for:

No, but I did hear them play two sets at the Fillmore in August '67... (on a bill with Mike Bloomfield's Electric Flag and Gary Burton's quartet with Larry Coryell)
That's a good night out: Clapton, Bloomfield, and Coryell.