caiman or casacaiman on Amazon or half

dova

I'll feel a little better about this company when RonS reports back if his Tal Farlow that caiman says shipped on 2/7 has arrived.

So will I. :g

I ordered that one too.

Let's see how they manage that one.

I'll report back as well, from good ol' Germany.

Cheers!

P.S.: I ordered a couple of damn hard to get Tommy Emmanuel CDs (Australian guitarist) not so long ago. All CDs arrived here from Caiman within 14 days. Wow!!! I wonder if I'm a valued customer by now. I hang around an Australian board a lot and you can't even get those CDs over there. One that's easy to get is Emmanuel's "Only" (HDCD) disc and it is fu**in' fabulous. I saw him a live a few times and although he did an embarrasinly huge amount of easy listening stuff that his (American) record company forced him into (apparently), the guy just smokes everything and everyone. Man, can that guy play. Wow, wow and wow again. Love it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's been my experience with caiman that if the cd is readily available you will have no problem. I WOULD NOT buy out of print or rare/hard to find cd's from these people because like some else has said they will list something they don't have and pray they can get it to you withing the receipt of shipment timeframe established by amazon and half..................

They have been a bit wacky of late with me. My most recent experience was ordering the Ellington Treasury Dpt. Shows V. 5 and V. 6. The next day I got an e-mail saying both items were out of stock and asking whether or not I wanted to leave the order open. I was still pondering whether or not to do so when I got an e-mail that afternoon saying, "Your order has shipped!" for V. 5. OK, great, and it did show up... two days later I cancelled the order for V. 6 and got a confirmation saying that they'd done so. I nearly ordered the CD from another site, but fortunately held off--because two days later, another e-mail came from Caiman saying, "Your order has shipped!" for V. 6, which will presumably show up early next week. So I'll get both items that I'd ordered, but what if I'd bought V. 6 from another site in the meantime? It does seem as if they have a few kinks to work out in their inventory/sale system... right hand not always aware of what the left hand's doing, etc.

yah, same thing happened to me, and Amazon doesnt seem to care.

took 3 weeks for refund after a complaint to amazon about Caiman

bad news all the way!!!

PS They also have oen of the worst feebacks of active Amazon Marketplace vendors I have seen.

Always trust feedback I guess!!

Edited by cool_blue

I've ordered several times from casacaiman on half.com or on the Amazon Marketplace and never had problems--they've been great--until a few days ago, when I ordered a Chonological Classics disc from them and was subsequently notified they did not have it in stock. Still--the same thing's happened to me at Tower.com in the past.

Edited by nmorin

• 3 weeks later...

I just had my first experience with Caiman (I wasn't aware of this thread when I placed my order). From an European point of view, it appears to be a way better deal to order from US Amazon rather than UK/German etc. Amazon, since Caiman's prices seem to be the same amounts, whether given in US dollars or Euros. And I'd rather pay 10 USD than 10 Euro's for Martial Solal's Vogue recordings vol. 4... ;)

The CD arrived within one week. What's even more strange is that it was shipped from Germany, even though Caiman said it would be shipped from the US.

I've ordered several times from casacaiman on half.com or on the Amazon Marketplace and never had problems--they've been great--until a few days ago, when I ordered a Chonological Classics disc from them and was subsequently notified they did not have it in stock. Still--the same thing's happened to me at Tower.com in the past.

You can fight Tower and win if you want to. A couple years ago, I discovered during a sale that even though they offer many items as "special order" on their website, when you place an order for one of those items, they frequently don't even try to obtain it from the label or the label's distributor. Since the item in question happened to be the Nessa AEC box, Chuck was able to confirm for me whether or not Tower had tried to obtain the box, which they hadn't. When I brought this to Tower's attention and made a stink about it, they tracked a copy down in one of their stores and had the store mail it directly to me.

Agree that if they have it in stock, they delver fast. Ordered two more last months and they jumped over the drunk within five days.

I waited four months for a rare CD they didn't have in stock - but I got it.

If you do not want to be debited before shipment, simply avoid them and use GEMM.com or some other shop.