Nastiness & This Board

Guest Chaney

Nastiness & This Board: At an all time high?

I really have to ask the question as I've found it very troublesome that so many threads seem to feature nasty comments, either directed at another poster or a musician / writer / celebrity of one ilk or another.

Nothing wrong with disagreement but the manner in which that disagreement is being expressed seems to be getting more and more personal and ugly

Old topic? Blame it on the Political Forum?

I'm not suggesting that we go all Hoffman but maybe we could tone it down a bit?

Comments?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't noticed anything particularily bad.  Seems to me the normal animosities are all here, but that's nothing new.

It's the endless recurrence of the same comments, remarks and arguments (re WM, Crouch or Phil Schaap, for instance) from both sides over and over again that gets really boring in my view. Ignoring them is a problem, as they're also cropping up in threads where you don't expect them...

Edited to try and clarify what I mean.

Edited by J.A.W.

I haven't noticed anything particularily bad.  Seems to me the normal animosities are all here, but that's nothing new.

As people become more comfortable with each other... more honest and heartfelt words may be offered. This board has been in existence with many of the same posters for a couple of years. We've dealt with a war, a heated presidential election, an odd economy, a change in the hosting company, disagreements brought in from other bulletin boards, the death of some of the jazz greats, the sale of a major jazz label, Martha Stewart, Michael Jackson, and Scott Peterson. You know?

I agree with b3-er. I don't notice much of anything different from how it's always been. I'm glad the posts are still flowing on a daily basis.

If there is any truth to this alleged uptick in "nastiness," comrades, I submit that we may attribute it to the mysterious disappearance of Achtung Dr. Freud Calling. Now there is a true uniter-not-a-divider!!! Where could he have gone??? Do you suppose he's been called in to examine at length the addled noggin of a certain American chief executive???