Nastiness & This Board

Guest Chaney

I really have to ask the question as I've found it very troublesome that so many threads seem to feature nasty comments, either directed at another poster or a musician / writer / celebrity of one ilk or another.

Probably because this board doesn't have a moderator.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think the nasties here are bad, Branford Marsalis just shut down his forum do to "childish bullshit." It was out of hand, rounding the bend towards Penthouse Forum. Sockpuppets are dangerous mouthy creatures better left un-eaten; cooked or raw they're unpalatable.

p.s. I think Wardell Gray's "Easy Swing" is Bird's "Steeplechase" but I'm waiting for some help on that one.....

b3<->3d tensions?

Nah. My brother and I just have different views on how strict the moderating on this forum should be. I'm pretty loosey-goosey overall. He would prefer a more "iron fisted" approach.

:)

I appreciate your approach. :tup

I really think a board should police itself; if a person is out of line, then that person should be called on it by the other members. I don't really like being told what I can say or think. I get enough of that in the real world.

IMO, it's cool to set rules (no religion, politics, etc...) in the first place, but unless there's a problem, rules just stifle conversation. Look at all the new laws that make our "free" country not so free.

Thanks Jim! :tup

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chaney

I started a thread on the death of Martin Denny.

I decided to delete the thread.

I'd like to offer my apology to most of you for deleting your words.

I started a thread on the death of Martin Denny.

I decided to delete the thread.

I'd like to offer my apology to most of you for deleting your words.

Why did you do this?

Che.

Guest Chaney

Again, my apologies. The deletion had nothing to do with you, AfricaBrass. It's just that if I start I thread on someone's life having come to an end, I get a bit bothered when some(one) finds the need to comment on the deceased being a lesser talent.

Maybe it's just me.

It's me.

Might be time for me to take a break from this board.

Again, my apologies. The deletion had nothing to do with you, AfricaBrass. It's just that if I start I thread on someone's life having come to an end, I get a bit bothered when some(one) finds the need to comment on the deceased being a lesser talent.

Maybe it's just me.

It's me.

Might be time for me to take a break from this board.

I'm glad it wasn't me.

I hope you don't lose your enthusiasm for the board, Tony. There are a lot of people who appreciated Denny and his music. That's the important part.