Are you a thread-killer?

Big Al

Do you have a bad habit of stopping a thread dead in its tracks?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the exception of the "What are you listening to right now?" thread, I approach every post I make in every thread as though it will be the last post in that thread. It might just be my imagination, but I feel like I've killed a lot of threads. I have a tendency to be very impersonal in my comments, and I think that might have something to do with it. Sorry! :winky:

I think we can agree to agree that some threads, no matter how well conceived, reach a point where they deserve to be put out of their misery. Like the one that gets taken over by two knuckleheads (and I use the term fondly--hah!), rather than discussing the suggested issue, begin arguing over who is more "I" (self)-centered.

I actually see something a little bit different, and I've seen it on other boards - certain posts get ignored because the people having the initial discussion are a little bit cliquish and think that their private conversation has been interuupted -

I've noticed this too. It's like I'm talking to myself sometimes. I make a comment and it gets completely ignored, as if it never happened. Sometimes I think that maybe my post shows up only on my own computer and not on anyone else's! It's usually around that time that I feel it necessary to wander into the political threads to shake things up a bit :ph34r:

it lives again!!!!

Seems if I start a thread, no one ever seems compelled to comment...

Remember Sk@@ter?(SP?) He used to say on the other board he killed more threads than anyone else....whatever happened to him/her? Another name on this board?

Edited by BERIGAN

I actually see something a little bit different, and I've seen it on other boards - certain posts get ignored because the people having the initial discussion are a little bit cliquish and think that their private conversation has been interuupted -

It's always good to talk, you know I have been around a short time and sometimes the 'in-house' jokes I just don't get. So I try and be as inclusive as I can, to encourage people to contribute to the discussion at hand. And you know most time somone somewhere has a view ot two B-)

Che.