Are you a thread-killer?

Big Al

Do you have a bad habit of stopping a thread dead in its tracks?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes the thread killing (off topic stuff that snowballs for infinity and turns into another thread basically)...or...(the jokey one-line stuff that goes back and forth between 2 or 3 jokesters using various smiley faces and derails the thread)....

yes, it does get old. But.... :rolleyes:

Yep this is what happens time and time again!

Che.

Sometimes the thread killing (off topic stuff that snowballs for infinity and turns into another thread basically)...or...(the jokey one-line stuff that goes back and forth between 2 or 3 jokesters using various smiley faces and derails the thread)....

yes, it does get old.  But.... :rolleyes:

Yep this is what happens time and time again!

Che.

Look Che, I don't want to piss on your fire here mate, but you say "time and time again" yet you've been a member for a week.

Now, I'm not implying that your status is dictated by how far back you joined or how many posts you have (some just don't have time for 40+ posts per day), but hang around a bit a see that all threads don't get uprooted by 'in-house jokers'.

I for one am certainly not one of those, in fact, most here don't even like me, and I've had my fair share of threads hijacked and tossed open for the general merriment of those more quick witted than me. But, give it time.

Also, like someone basically said in a another thread, it pays to make sure you're not asking folk to retread well worn paths. Just because you've done that a few times doesn't mean you that your time here will be tarnished.

I really don't like to think of people feeling picked on or a 'target' in some way.

Us Brits should stick up to them Yanks. Oh, they think they're so great, hell, I bet most of them haven't even heard of ELO.

Very well said, Tonym!

And for Entente Cordiale's sake, may I as a Frenchman side with you :P

Are you familiar with Jeff Lynne? :P

Gotta say though, wish I wasn't a Brit.

Nationalism isn't a trait I exhibit, but I think I'll feel different if I was French. Always loved the place.

Jeff Lynne, isn't he that guy that took over Roy Wood's band just in time to get rich?

Well, didn't Roy Wood leave?

Don't go slagging Jeff off now.furious.gif

This is a man who's devoted his whole life to music. I've been informed from a very reliable source that:

When he was fifteen, Jeff was given a plastic guitar by his father. Though it had only one string and cost about two pounds, he practised every spare minute

Now that's commitment.

He's our own Charlie Parker.

Jeff Lynne, isn't he that guy that took over Roy Wood's band just in time to get rich?

Well, didn't Roy Wood leave?

Jeff Lynne poisoned him and made him get sick and paint his face.

That's waht I heard on Fox, anyway.

Well I read on www.jefflynneisgod.orgthat Roy was sick anyway.

And he had bad breath.

Edited by tonym

Us Brits should stick up to them Yanks. Oh, they think they're so great, hell, I bet most of them haven't even heard of ELO.

The group McCartney was in before Wings?

Now no-one admits they know about Wings. :P

Hey, live and let die, I always say! At least I did when I was young and my heart was an open book...