Complete Bill Evans on Verve

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal with this?  Is it legal?

Hmmm. Looks legit, but the pricing is odd to say the least. The Evans box is only $23, but the Rolans Kirk box is $120.

Well, at least you can't cut yourself on the Evans...

Look again. I think all you're buying is a digital download.

( It won't rust though!! :P )

What's the deal with this?  Is it legal?

Hmmm. Looks legit, but the pricing is odd to say the least. The Evans box is only $23, but the Rolans Kirk box is $120.

Well, at least you can't cut yourself on the Evans...

Look again. I think all you're buying is a digital download.

( It won't rust though!! :P )

Oh, I know it's just digital downloads. I was just surprised to see it available on Ebay. Far cheaper than, say, the Verve Vault at the iTunes store. Still, the pricing makes no sense compared to other available titles. Mighty tempting as I've little Bill Evans on Verve.

Jim, I'm not too concerned about Spyware.

Spyware is a real problem (not necessarily for this program, but in general...)

The other day one of my kds downloaded (without permission, of course :rolleyes: ) the new "hot" file-sharing thing called Lime-something or another, and WHOA, spyware all OVER that thing. Over 250 files and registry entries worth. Took me 3 days to get everything fully cleared up/off. Insidious, that's what it is.

So I'm a little antsy about anything involving "free software" downloads such as this right now...

universal music has been selling the 18 cd complete bill evans on verve (sealed) for $99.99 + 2.49 shipping on ebay (buy it now).

they've sold 11 of them so far.

when they show up, they don't last long, so it's best to keep checking if it's something you want/need.

Thanks for the tip!!! I can't gripe about shelling out ~$110.00 for an 18-CD set (with a soon to be rusting box!)

So much for ebay's "E-mail me when comes up for sale"!! :)

Later,

Kevin

Kevin -

those Ebay "alerts" are only sent once a day I believe. I was waiting for this one and pounced on it within minutes of it being posted. Looking at the previous sales, Uni Music seems to be posting the Evans box around 5-6 pm Pacific Time. I suggest refreshing the "seller's other items" page every few minutes around that time as it's updated earlier than the regular search index.

It's gone. Woodymaggie (Pete) from the old board purchased it. I don't have this but I remember awhile ago Weizen commenting when he mentioned that he ordered the Vanguard Sessions something to the effect that he was happy to get these instead of from the old box.