Complete Bill Evans on Verve

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BILL EVANS, Complete On Verve 18-CD Box NEW Jazz Piano

Start time: Feb-23-05 17:48:17 PST

Ended: Feb-23-05 17:51:21 PST

Item has ended for US $99.99 (weizen is the winner).

:rsly:

Edited by Chaney

I was watching the screen for a couple of minutes when my 9-year-old wandered in to say 'goodnite'. When she turned to leave I clicked refresh and suddenly the Evans and Brownie were both sitting there -- and I nailed 'em both. I then went into the kids room to tell the eldest that she'd brought good luck....and after babbling on about 'refresh', 'box sets' 'Evans' and 'buy it now' for 15 seconds she looked over and said: 'Dad, we don't even know what you're talking about" :lol:

Brad, see what happens when you don't listen to the little q3aHappyBones.gif 'Buy or Die' man? He puts a hex on you. :g

One thing I've been wondering, and forgive me if this has been discussed, but if the rusty box issue is a problem, wouldn't it be possible to somehow seal the metal with something? Obviously you'd have to remove the existing rust first, but isn't there some horribly caustic sealant-type product that would halt the process?

What an idiotic idea for packaging such important music. I really don't want to get tetanus from my CDs. :huh:

Edited by Free For All

They're also running the same deal at the same price for the Brownie EmArcy box set, which saves about $30 (not bad), but nothing compared to the Bill Evans set which sells for $246 on CD Universe.

I have found the Clifford Brown set in used bins for less than $99. In fact, I once found a sealed box in a "used" bin for $80. I have never seen the Evans set for anything less than $150.

Later,

Kevin

I was watching the screen for a couple of minutes when my 9-year-old wandered in to say 'goodnite'. When she turned to leave I clicked refresh and suddenly the Evans and Brownie were both sitting there -- and I nailed 'em both. I then went into the kids room to tell the eldest that she'd brought good luck....

You ever read D.H. Lawrence's "Rockinghorse Winner?" Hey, you need a babysitter?

Does anyone know if the rust on this box-set causes damage to the discs within?

yes, often it does.

the rust can become quite aggressive and spread through the second layer of metal that the magazine which holds the discs is made from and attack the discs directly after it wreaks havoc on the protective paper sleeves.

a friend of mine in the northeast claims that a quarter of his box has now been rendered unplayable after a winter in his garage...

cavaet emptor,

-e-