Complete Bill Evans on Verve

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. A couple of nights ago it was on for barely a minute. And about 2 weeks ago somebody bought it for $212 (not Universal). That guy must want to kill himself.

I told Reinier I would try to get it for him so he's next.

Edited by Brad

I think all of us should have an open mind for packaging which is beyong the norm. While I don't like the rusty Bill Evan's Verve Box, the Herbie Hancock Box looks super and cool and IS FUN. For all of us forum members who are jazz fanatics, "something different" is always welcome. Is it not the case that we were drawn into jazz in the first place because of the improvisation?

Don't be so narrow minded, folks.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks the packaging on the Mosaic selects is "fun"?

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

:lol:

Well, come to think of it, with the snow we just had in Philly, I could use a couple of the regular Mosaic box tops to sled down the nearest hillside. :excited:

Sounds like a super, cool, fun and different idea Ron! One box for each cheek! Way to improvise, man!

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks the packaging on the Mosaic selects is "fun"?

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

:lol:

Well, come to think of it, with the snow we just had in Philly, I could use a couple of the regular Mosaic box tops to sled down the nearest hillside. :excited:

Sounds like a super, cool, fun and different idea Ron! One box for each cheek! Way to improvise, man!

Damn! If only I had the Nat King Cole box--then I could take my whole family with me! :(

Mine arrived today, safe and fairly sound...only minor rust on the box. The packaging is every bit as stupid as I've heard it was. I immediately put the cds in slimline boxes - I only see minor bits of glue, hopefully nothing to cause problems in playback.

For those with glue residue on the discs, I found that the glue can be rubbed off if you do it carefully...

Mine arrived today, safe and fairly sound...only minor rust on the box.    The packaging is every bit as stupid as I've heard it was.  I immediately put the cds in slimline boxes - I only see minor bits of glue, hopefully nothing to cause problems in playback.

For those with glue residue on the discs, I found that the glue can be rubbed off if you do it carefully...

I hope to get mine in a week. How or what did you use to get rid of the glue, in case mine comes with it?

Mine arrived today, safe and fairly sound...only minor rust on the box.    The packaging is every bit as stupid as I've heard it was.  I immediately put the cds in slimline boxes - I only see minor bits of glue, hopefully nothing to cause problems in playback.

I hope to get mine in a week. How or what did you use to get rid of the glue, in case mine comes with it?

Well, to be honest, just the tail end of the shirt I was wearing and a bit of spit. I was at the office and didn't want to wait until I got home to use anything more, uhm, appropriate. It seems to have done the job... :w

I guess "carefully" isn't really critical to the process. :lol:

And now you've all been warned if I ever decide to sell the set here on the board... :P

Well, the deal is dead. Brad got the last one if the E-mail I got is any indication. It says:

"This listing has been temporarily removed from the store, as the $99 price was an error caused by a default setting within eBay. The listing price for the Bill Evans 17-CD box set is $250.00, NOT $99. All future listings have been adjusted to reflect the proper price. We apologize for any confusion these incorrect listings may have caused."

My reply went something like, "$250? Are you nuts? This set typically sells for around $150 used and around $200 new in other eBay auctions." :)

Later,

Kevin