make any recent Dusty Groove orders?

CJ Shearn

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such great deals there. . . I wish I hadn't paid more for most of the series before finding them on sale at DG!

My last purchase from DG was "Brown Sugar" by Freddie Roach, and the "Shorty Rogers Quintet featuring Jeri Southern". . . .

Bought a few nice platters from them lately at decent prices. I got a nice (VG+) copy of Stanley T's Dearly Beloved (Blue&White Liberty Stereo) for $13.

I also picked up a great copy of Shirley Scott's Queen of the Organ for $5 (Original Impulse; cover wear, but VG++ vinyl).

It comes from a Spanish company . . . it's not an authorized release from the Roulette vaults.

Turns out it's two Roulette lps on one cd, good deal, good music, not really legit (but I'm living in a glass house and not throwing stones).

Went to Dusty and ordered the new Ed Motta cd and the cd of Elis Regina at the Montreux Jazz Festival that always seemed to be out of stock when I wanted to order it before!

• 3 weeks later...

Another one... :crazy::crazy:

Damn nice prices. Some items I haven't seen (or not easily available) elsewhere.

Art Ensemble Of Chicago -- Reese & The Smooth Ones

Betty Carter -- Out There With Betty Carter

Betty Carter -- Round Midnight -- The Roulette Years

Lucky Thompson -- Tea Time

Roland Kirk -- Live In London

Roland Kirk -- Slightly Latin

Rene Thomas -- Jazz In Paris -- Meeting Mister Thomas

Hubert Rostaing/Maurice Meunier -- Jazz In Paris -- Clarinettes A Saint Germain Des Pres

I need to stay off the net. :crazy::wacko:

Another one...  :crazy:  :crazy:

Damn nice prices. Some items I haven't seen (or not easily available) elsewhere.

Art Ensemble  Of  Chicago  -- Reese & The Smooth Ones

Betty  Carter  -- Out There With  Betty Carter 

Betty Carter  -- Round Midnight -- The Roulette Years

Lucky Thompson  -- Tea Time

Roland Kirk  -- Live In London

Roland Kirk  -- Slightly Latin

Rene Thomas --  Jazz In Paris  -- Meeting Mister Thomas

Hubert Rostaing/Maurice Meunier --  Jazz In Paris  -- Clarinettes A Saint Germain Des Pres

I need to stay off the net.  :crazy:  :wacko:

I know what you mean! I have all those except the AEC one (not a fan) and you're in for some really good listening. I love that Roulette Betty Carter, it's full of almost three complete albums that are not in print here in the states, and "Out There with Betty Carter" was part of the Impulse "I Can't Help it" two lps on one cd that is now out of print. The Rostaing/Meunier was surprisingly good to me as well!

I know what you mean!  I have all those except the AEC one (not a fan) and you're in for some really good listening.  I love that Roulette Betty Carter, it's full of almost three complete albums that are not in print here in the states, and "Out There with Betty Carter" was part of the Impulse "I Can't Help it" two lps on one cd that is now out of print.  The Rostaing/Meunier was surprisingly good to me as well!

Uh oh :unsure: I already have that Impulse. Should have double checked on this one. Perhaps I could request to substitute with another disc, if not too late. I guess a second copy ;) wouldn't hurt since this was what got me hooked on her singing. Serves me right for buying from the "pirates" I suppose. :w Thanks Lon.

LAL, sorry that happened. I wish I had ten bucks for every time it happened to ME. It's got one very cool cover though! I have been on a sort of Betty Carter binge lately, snapping up some OOP titles from "The Verve Vault."

Well, the Ed Motta dvd came back in stock so I ordered that. . .The cds he's put out the last few years are so great I imagine this dvd from 2004 is as well.

motta_ed~~~_edmottaem_101b.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

to feed my growing McRae addiction. . . .

. . . which apparently is contagious. Thanks to your recent raves, I picked up "Sarah--Dedicated to You" and "The Great American Songbook" from yourmusic.com (I know--different thread).

Edited by Ron S

LAL, sorry that happened. I wish I had ten bucks for every time it happened to ME.  It's got one very cool cover though!  I have been on a sort of Betty Carter binge lately, snapping up some OOP titles from "The Verve Vault."

Well, managed to cancel the Betty Carter disc and replace it with an early Andrew Hill disc (one "pirated" for another :w ). And someone beat me to the Betty Carter Roulette Years. <_<

Done. No more visiting Dusty's website for the next 10 months.