Listen Here! The Jazz Review Program

Lazaro Vega

Have not heard the show but gotta say I find it sad Tesser has to put up with Ruffin's crap - not that Neil's a genius but he's a reasonably bright guy with good instincts. He must be hoping for an Ebert and _____ kind of thing. Ruffin is a fool.

Edit to say:

Tesser is a REALLY bright guy who lets his mouth get ahead of his thoughts at times. I wish he was "more thoughtful".

Edited by Chuck Nessa

Yeah, I guess Ruffin is there to provide a "smooth jazz" or "fusion" perspective and that, ultimately, is forced. We've been broadcasting this Sunday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. since the start of the year. Public Radio International blew it with the local stations -- they wouldn't let us buy anything a la carte -- so Minnesota Public Radio pulled out of the deal, taking "A Prarie Home Companion" with them. Well, not only that, but many fine classical programs. So we had to ditch Jim Wilke's "Jazz After Hours" and "Riverwalk" (on the jazz side of things) and picked up "Listen Here," "Jazz Profiles" and for the overnights "Jazz with Bob Parlocha." Wilke is far better, especially as his program is live, but the expense is just way too much for overnight jazz. :(

p.s. You ARE a freeyake! :wacko:

Edited by Lazaro Vega