Ground Rules?

No, definitely no one should sell CD-Rs unless it's music from one's own band.

While I can't throw stones since I've done my share of "trading" off the board, I usually frown on any blatant advertising for CD-R swaps. Most of us here can read between the lines ;) and figure out when someone is looking for something rare or oop. In other words, let's all just try to be discrete.

Ray

Thanks, Ray!

I certainly do not wish to offend anyone -- I've always kept lists such as the one I have posted here (which I had posted on that OTHER board, as well) to things that are either OOP or have never seen the light of day on CD (to my knowledge). Mostly the latter.

Rest assured, if Prestige saw fit to ever release anything on that list on CD, I would buy it in a heartbeat! I would much prefer having a CD to a scratchy LP, which would be all I could afford. Several of these LPs, in "NM" condition, have gone on eBay recently for $40 +, a bit too much for this working-class dog (ah, where have ye gone, Rick Springfield? :D ).

By the way, I have contacted Fantasy about reissuing these titles. As always, I receive the company line as a response: we'll take it into consideration, etc. At least they write back!

Heck, Mike, I'm not offended. On the contrary, some of the stuff that I have on CDr would probably offend a few souls around here! ;)

Btw, i dig your avatar! I have that album as a BN jukebox 45. Pretty neat; wish they're release that one.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me should anyone wish to offer cd-roms for trade. I don't collect cd-roms myself and the few I have will be replaced by cds once they become available, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest should others wish to publicize their wants. This is not a Blue Note sponsored board, so we don't have to worry about ruffling any corporate feathers.

Paul

As a musician I would say CD-Rs if it's OOP or really hard to find. But that's just me. If you want to trade CD-Rs of in-print material, just do it via the PM fuction. :)

I concur. Given that musicians run this forum, and that CD-R trading of in-print material is detrimental to their livelihood, I would think that common courtesy and sense might dictate keeping such trades off-board. (IM passionately-felt HO.)

And I AM glad to see this forum--like jazzbo, though, I fear for my wallet.