David Murray

Alon Marcus

The new cd 'Sacred Ground' is out on 26 June and available for pre-order from CD universe.

Who is playing with him?

Ronald,

I've lost the quote but if I remember correctly it's a quartet date with Lafayette Gilchrist, Andrew Cyrille, can't recall the bass player and, added on some(?) tracks I think, Cassandra Wilson!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new cd 'Sacred Ground' is out on 26 June and available for pre-order from CD universe.

Who is playing with him?

Ronald,

I've lost the quote but if I remember correctly it's a quartet date with Lafayette Gilchrist, Andrew Cyrille, can't recall the bass player and, added on some(?) tracks I think, Cassandra Wilson!

His new album stil dedictaed to Black Saint "Sacred Crown" with this quartet features Cassandra Wilson.

Edited by Cyril

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

JSngry, really enjoyed your long post, man. You really nailed it. I've seen David a number of times between 1985 and 2005, including the show in Boston where he first presented PAUL GONZALVES, and I've never been disappointed. I can understand why some don't get it, but man, reading your post was like reading my own mind. Thanks for saying it better than I could have.

Again, thanks.

But really... I'm not a "writer". Larry Kart, Chris Albertson, & Allen Lowe are writers, and damn good ones at that. I'm just a guy with feelings, opinions, some semblance of syntax, a computer, and some experience in music as both player, listener, and fan.

You'd probably have a better time coming over to the house for some drinks and letting me play Rambling DJ.

Warning though, I "stray" from jazz freely, gladly, and wildly. But it all ends up coming back home, at least to my home.

Again, thanks.

But really... I'm not a "writer". Larry Kart, Chris Albertson, & Allen Lowe are writers, and damn good ones at that. I'm just a guy with feelings, opinions, some semblance of syntax, a computer, and some experience in music as both player, listener, and fan.

You'd probably have a better time coming over to the house for some drinks and letting me play Rambling DJ.

Warning though, I "stray" from jazz freely, gladly, and wildly. But it all ends up coming back home, at least to my home.

Jim, That sounds like fun, having some drinks and letting you play Rambling DJ. What do you mean that you stray freely, gladly and wildly? I am probably picturing it not the way that you mean.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

On first listen, I'm rather liking Hal Singer's Challenge (Marge). He's playing with David Murray, and Murray's group (Lafayette Gilchrist on piano, Jaribu Shahid on bass, Hamid Drake on drums, and Rasul Siddik on trumpet on two cuts). Four Murray compositions, three by Singer, and one standard. Hal Singer was 91 at the time of this recording. All parties conduct themselves well.

On first listen, I'm rather liking Hal Singer's Challenge (Marge). He's playing with David Murray, and Murray's group (Lafayette Gilchrist on piano, Jaribu Shahid on bass, Hamid Drake on drums, and Rasul Siddik on trumpet on two cuts). Four Murray compositions, three by Singer, and one standard. Hal Singer was 91 at the time of this recording. All parties conduct themselves well.

Thnaks for posting kh, looks like one to investigate.

Whoa. Curious to hear this.