• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Two CDs (not downloads!!!) that I got sent two copies of a while back:

R-3712793-1341368192-8221.jpeg.jpg

http://www.discogs.com/Steve-Lacy-10-Of-Dukes-6-Originals/release/3712793

And one from way outside the centre of this board's main listening (possibly deep in enemy territory!!!):

DD001.jpg

Fiddle, accordion/guitar and voice:

For many reasons, the festivities and rites that have seen countless generations from season to season and from one year to the next have gradually fallen by the wayside. Changes in calendar have often served to move festivities from their original date just far enough for them to lose their original context. Over the last 40 years, gradually, people have been uncovering, reviving and bringing back to life, these slumbering giants to guide us through the year once more. Respecting the old adage of; convention can be broken, tradition must be respected; but only when you know which is which, here is an updated soundtrack to the ritual year, which we hope will cause more giants to be revived.

It's a lovely disc of slowly unfolding English folk music.

Will post within Britain or Europe.  

PM me if you'd like either. Otherwise they go to the charity shop. 

Edited by A Lark Ascending

Two CDs (not downloads!!!) that I got sent two copies of a while back:

R-3712793-1341368192-8221.jpeg.jpg

http://www.discogs.com/Steve-Lacy-10-Of-Dukes-6-Originals/release/3712793

And one from way outside the centre of this board's main listening (possibly deep in enemy territory!!!):

DD001.jpg

Fiddle, accordion/guitar and voice:

For many reasons, the festivities and rites that have seen countless generations from season to season and from one year to the next have gradually fallen by the wayside. Changes in calendar have often served to move festivities from their original date just far enough for them to lose their original context. Over the last 40 years, gradually, people have been uncovering, reviving and bringing back to life, these slumbering giants to guide us through the year once more. Respecting the old adage of; convention can be broken, tradition must be respected; but only when you know which is which, here is an updated soundtrack to the ritual year, which we hope will cause more giants to be revived.

It's a lovely disc of slowly unfolding English folk music.

Will post within Britain or Europe.  

PM me if you'd like either. Otherwise they go to the charity shop. 

Yes please Bev. I'm very happy to stray into outlying territory

• 3 weeks later...

They are yours!

Thank you! 

and to continue....

I've a duplicate of 'The New Standard' - Jamie Saft, Steve Swallow, Bobby Previte

https://www.rarenoiserecords.com/jukebox/ssp/tns/

UK or European home required. please PM

taken, just in case :)

going on vvacationfor a few days now, but I'll see to have something to pass on, too ... got some duplicates around (actually passing on duplicates all the time, just not in this thread ...)

I'd forgotten about this thread. Here's an offering:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61F0Lu572iL._SS280.jpg

Years ago, I found a vinyl copy of Byard Lancaster's self-issued Personal Testimony, a solo-with-overdubs album from 1979. I like it a lot. Porter Records reissued it on CD in 2008, with five new performances added. I recently picked up a used copy of the CD, but had a strong, visceral, negative reaction to the new pieces. So I'm keeping the old LP and giving away the CD. Someone else might like the new pieces more than I do. And if not, you'll have the original album for free.

Years ago, I found a vinyl copy of Byard Lancaster's self-issued Personal Testimony, a solo-with-overdubs album from 1979. I like it a lot. Porter Records reissued it on CD in 2008, with five new performances added. I recently picked up a used copy of the CD, but had a strong, visceral, negative reaction to the new pieces. So I'm keeping the old LP and giving away the CD. Someone else might like the new pieces more than I do. And if not, you'll have the original album for free.

I'd like it if still available. 

I'd like it if still available. 

It's yours. PM me with your address.

• 1 month later...

I just caught a gig by Jeremy Cunningham's quartet and have an extra two-track download card.  The core band is drummer Cunningham, saxophonist Josh Johnson, guitarist Jeff Parker and bassist Matt Ulery, with pianist Andrew Toombs and saxophonist Dustin Laurenzi guesting.  Modern music from a strong, young band.  I'll pass along the info and card number to whomever sends the first PM.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ray Brown, Blues for Jazzo (Revue) is available gratis to a good home.

Brown, John Lewis, Rodney Jones, Mickey Roker and vibes player Darwin Gross on a program of blues. I believe it was Gross's date when issued on vinyl and might have been his vanity project. The date's nice there's just a sameness to the tunes.

YMMV. PM if interested in finding out.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not music, but free to a good home - Hewlett Packard HP61 ink cartridges, bought a replacement online set by accident or else wrong ones sent to me, meant to get HP60 cartridges.  Free including free shipping to a good home in the USA.  PM if you can use them.

• 8 months later...

Got two copies of a CD from Jazzmessengers so someone gets to profit (gotta double check orders for double requests this has happened too often lately).

Carrie Smith, Nice Jazz 1978 (Black & Blue)

New release of music from the vaults, to celebrate the anniversary of the label - sidemen include Hank Jones, Sweets Edison, Lockjaw, Jacquet, Cleanhead.

Free to a good home in the continental US.

Ok, I have something to offer - Billy Eckstine Once More With Feeling, a really fine 1960 Roulette date with big bands arranged by Billy May.

It's the Fresh Sounds CD issue, not the EMI one. I bought it used on amazon thinking that it was the EMI, remastered by Malcolm Addey and featuring two "bonus cuts" of a very commercial-pop-R*B 45. That was what I wanted, but it's not what I got, so fuck it, I paid for a new copy, got it, and now have this leftover, which i will gladly send anywhere in the world, unless postage gets, like gonzostoopidcrazy.

Jewel case, booklet and disc are all in excellent shape, with the stipulation that there's an inventory sticker on the outside back jewel case that takes up, about 1/12 of the total real estate. But I look at that like, hey, it's Fresh Sounds, it's just a jewel case, and it's free. If that's a problem, then this is not the deal for you!

Quirky but essentially correct AMG review here: http://www.allmusic.com/album/once-more-with-feeling-mw0000035903

and here, try this:

Me, it took me a while to really "get" Eckstine, but if you have already gotten there, or think you might want to get something free, then this is the deal for you. It's not gonna be for everybody, but if it's for you, then here it is - for you.

PM me, and parallel-y claim it here, please.