The new "Pay-It-Forward" Music Giveaway Thread!!&#33

Couple more to offer

Two ESPs

Sun Ra: Concert for the Comet Kohoutek (ZYX version)

9 tracks

Live at Town Hall 1973

Sun Ra: Nothing Is (get back version)

No case or artwork so disc only but both discs play fine.

Great intros and look forward to passing these forward

c

Colin, I'd love to have the Sun Ra Kohoutek CD. I'll PM you. thx, John.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will offer the following cd (still sealed) to the first board member that PMs me.

~The Best of Blue Note, Volume 2

1. Senor Blues; Horace Silver

2. Decision; Sonny Rollins

3. Three O'Clock in the Morning; Dexter Gordon

4. Blues March; Art Blakey

5.Wadin'; Horace Parlan

6. The Rumpruller; Lee Morgan

7. Something Else; Cannonball Adderley

8. Blue Bossa; Joe Henderson

9. Watermelon Man; Herbie Hancock

Thanks for playing the game!!!

m~

Still have this one if anyone wants it! :huh:

This one goes to Fent99~ :)

I have CD available, Woody Herman - 'The Jazz Collector Edition'. This is a nice 10 cut CD of some of his 30's/40/s material on Laserlight. Should be good for filling a hole in somebody's collection if they don't have any of this material. Let me know if you want it.

• 1 month later...

Okay...here's my offer to the "pay-it-forward gods":

Keith Rowe and John Tilbury: Duos for Doris

It's in perfect shape; I just don't get it, and don't feel right putting it on eBay when Jon Abbey still has it in print, so it's free to a good home with a curious listener! PM if ya want it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Free to a good home: Cecil Taylor - Port of Call (Past Perfect)

This is a collection of some of Cecil's work for the Candid label, 1960-1961. The first five tunes appear to be from The World of Cecil Taylor, while the last two are from New York R&B. The selections are as follows:

1. Air
  2. This Nearly was Mine
  3. Port of Call
  4. E. B.
  5. Lazy Afternoon
  6. Cindy's Main Mood
  7. Things Ain't What They Used to Be

I purchased this without realizing (I was in a rush) that I already have all of this on the Candid releases. If you've never heard any of this and you're remotely curious... send me a PM... but don't blame me if you become a Cecil fanatic! :);):cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My karma could use an upgrade, so I'm offering the Scott Fields Ensemble's Mamet on Delmark. Little market value but it rates a 4.5 star artist's choice on AMG. I have several copies so feel free to request one even if you aren't first. These are new copies but will ship without the CD case internationally. I'll repost when I'm out. Band includes Michael Formanek and Michael Zerang. Since this isn't "worth" a lot I would say it's optional whether you want to offer something to other members as is standard practice in this thread.

• 1 month later...

Still have some copies of Mamet if anyone's interested.

Also, calling any Nick Ayoub and vinyl fans. I have an ex-libris LP copy of The Music of Nick Ayoub with the Nick Ayoub Jazz Quintet. Recorded 1977 with Ayoub on reeds, Al Penfold on trumpet, and Art Roberts, Vic Angellilo, and Jacques Masson in the rhythm section. Radio Canada International 455. Has a couple small stickers on the back of the jacket and a small sticker and card pocket on the front, the jacket is in excellent structural condition and the vinyl is in great shape. Free, with free media mail shipping in the U.S., might have to charge a few bucks for international shipping but if you are interested let me know and we can work something out. Nice playing and nice record though the electric piano says "70s jazz" a little too loudly for my tastes.

• 2 months later...

I have a legit extra of the DVD portion of the "Monk in Paris" set to give away. Also comes with the booklet from the set. Recorded in Oslo 4/15/66. Monk/Rouse/Gales/Riley doing "Lulu's Back in Town"/"Blue Monk"/"Round Midnight". Running time is about 25 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad you guys keep this thread going...you're the best! :)

Up for grabs:

Verve Elite Edition - Collector's Disc - 96/24 transfer. From the back cover:

This collection unites under one roof an assortment of items as rare as hen's teeth: recently discovered outtakes - most of them previously unissued, many not even documented, and all dazzingly obscure. Here are the improvisers who can best demonstrate why jazz mavens relish alternative takes of familiar tunes: Included are new solos by the likes of Louis Armstrong, Bill Evans, Jimmy Smith, and Tal Farlow, and a fresh perspective on some of the classic Verve "encounters" of the Fifties and Sixties. Great jazz from the music masters to fill the gaps you never knew your collection had!

------------

A great set, that unfortunately, I rarely listen to...I thought someone else might enjoy it.

Please post here first, then follow up with a PM containing where you'd like me to send it.

Happy New Year, buds! :cool:

Edited by Parkertown