The new "Pay-It-Forward" Music Giveaway Thread!!&#33

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f39615nrk9v.jpg

Got this in the mail yesterday, and really appreciate having my own copy finally, after having borrowed it from a friend a few times.

One of Mehldau's most interesting releases, IMHO - though I realize some don't like the electronics and such.

Thanks Gary!! :)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Things Are Getting Better

Hey Al, i'm glad you got it!!!

by the way, i still have this to offer:

Miles Davis & John Coltrane - Live In New York (Jazz Door)

and i'm adding another one:

The Cannonball Adderley Sextet In New York (european digipack)

Marcus

ps:i got Cowell's Brilliant Circles this weekend so billions of thanks :tup

In addition to the items below still available I can also offer these two which have no sleeves or artwork but are recent Japanese issues(I'll need to check discog info with them in front of me. Should be with someone who would like to hear them!

Air: Air Raid

Walt Dickerson: 1976

I would be honored to give the Walt Dickerson a new home. I can even arrange a cover courtesy of this nifty page.

A couple more of mine up for the taking:

Stefano DiBattista - self titled (2000 Blue Note, w/Elvin Jones & Jacky Terrasson)

Irakere - Babalu Aye

Hiromi - Another Mind

also still have these available:

Ralph Towner - Blue Sun

Tim Hagans/Bob Belden - Re-Animation Live!

Groove Holmes - Best of the Pacific Jazz Years

-Erik

Can I get the Di Battista?

Of course. Shoot me a PM with your address, and it will go in tomorrow's mail.

-Erik

Just picked your package out of today's mail, Erik! Thanks a lot! I'll drop you a PM once I came around giving it a listen (busy times...)!

I have something to put into circulation on this thread, but I don't want anything in return.

Awhile back our house was broken into and electronic gear, including my CD player, were stolen. The CD in my player at the time was Horace Parlan "Arrival", a nice 1992 quintet date on Steeplechase with Idrees Sulieman, Bent Jaedig, Hugo Rasmussen and Ed Thigpen. I still have the case, but not the CD.

Everything was insured, and I replaced this disc with another copy. So now I have an extra case and liner notes.

Sooo, I can send a burn of the CD in an original case with liner notes to the first person who responds that they are interested.

Again, I do not want to join the qeue because this is a CDR, but it seemed like a good place to get rid of the case and pass this music on.

Edited by riverrat

I'm offering Andrew Hill, "Grass Roots"

It's an extra copy.   There are a few scuff marks which do not affect play.

Can I have that one please?

pm your address, please.

Going abroad, right? I'll mail it sans jewelcase.

I'll send it on Saturday when I have time to go to the post office and complete the custom's form. What should I put for "value," $80? ;):lol:

Grass Roots arrived in the post today & is a very welcomed new member of my collection.

Thanks very much Paul,

Gary

Edited by Gary

Well I'm well chuffed with this thread. I've always been keen to trade with like minded folks and put music I'm not so interested in into others hands who may love it more.

So far I've received Dave Brubeck Plays Dave Brubeck, which is one of the most enjoyable records I've heard of his. Dizzy Gillespie's School Days is interesting if short and I've been enjoying the vocals more than I thought. Ralph Towners Blue Sun is maybe a bit too soft for me but nice impressionistic stuff that will need a bit more time. Received a Marcus Roberts set today with Marsalis on trumpet that sounds fine thus far if a little heavy...

Many thanks to all!

Still a few to pass on if there is anyone still interested?

Any one got any more to offer?

John Myers - Blastula (Atavistic)

Joachim Kuhn - Joachim Kuhn Collection CMP nice collection of oop CMP albums (no front cover)

Bob Wilbur/Kenny Davern Summit Meeting Chiaroscuro

David Torn door x Windham Hill

Hans Dulfer - Express Delayed (Limetree) Candy's dad and a nice organ date.

John Mills Courage (482 Music) Steve Swallow Chris Massey Robert Creely (photocopied front cover)

Edited by fent99