The new "Pay-It-Forward" Music Giveaway Thread!!&#33

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't those who take something supposed to offer up something in turn? It doesn't seem to be happening that way, just taking when someone happens to offer up something. (i.e. taking but not "paying forward")

I don't think the "pay it forward" has to be instantaneous to make the concept valid. It's more about creating an atmosphere of giving, sharing, and good will. I'm sure the guys will get around to it.

....and for you guys with slightly stranger tastes....I have a cd called "A Cool Blend of Jazz and Blues"....given away or sold by J&B Scotch....featuring the likes of Spyro Gyra, Courtney Pine, Paul Ventimiglia (who?), Acoustic Alchemy and Mike Stevens (...again, who??). Came to me sealed and has remained so.

No need to reply here first if you don't want other members to know you want this :P !

Mark~

Aren't those who take something supposed to offer up something in turn? It doesn't seem to be happening that way, just taking when someone happens to offer up something. (i.e. taking but not "paying forward")

I don't think the "pay it forward" has to be instantaneous to make the concept valid. It's more about creating an atmosphere of giving, sharing, and good will. I'm sure the guys will get around to it.

Yep, doesn't have to be instantaneous...

But if you claim sump'n, you need to offer sump'n...

You wouldn't want to tempt Karma, would you? :o

Up for grabs:

CDR of Don Cherry 4-tet, Live in Crawley, England 1990.

W/ Peter Apfelbaum-ts, Bo Freeman-b, Hamid Drake-d.

Never commercially released, so no lectures please.

I'm sure this is great; I just never listen to it...and I'm housecleaning...so it goes.

Okay...WAIT...Hold the phone...

I just finished listening to this...it's got a lot of piano on it, but the personnel listing doesn't show anyone playing piano. Don is listed as playing trumpet, piccolo trumpet, flute and percussion.

The music is that kind of meandering, groove music I've heard him play on albums like Blue Lake or Orient.

Anyone adventurous enough to try to decipher this mystery?

Come and get it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I offer the following:

Charlie Haden with Gonzalo Rubalcaba & Paul Motian - The Montral Tapes (Verve, 1997)

live recording from the Montreal Jazz Festival, July 3, 1989, 6 tracks

>gone<Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers & Max Roach Quintet - Percussion Discussion (French Vogue, 1985)

two Argo LPs on one CD:

Blakey with Bill Hardman, Jackie McLean, Sam Dockery, Spanky de Brest, 5 tracks incl. a long Gershwin medley, recorded Spring 1957

"Max", with Kenny Dorham, Hank Mobley, Ramsey Lewis, and George Morrow, 6 tracks, recorded January 4, 1958>gone<

Will send to the first who posts here quoting my post with the respective item and sends a pm with the snail mail adress - I will ship without jewel case.

Edited by mikeweil

Hello Mike,

I will take this off your hands please,

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers & Max Roach Quintet - Percussion Discussion (French Vogue, 1985)

two Argo LPs on one CD:

Blakey with Bill Hardman, Jackie McLean, Sam Dockery, Spanky de Brest, 5 tracks incl. a long Gershwin medley, recorded Spring 1957

"Max", with Kenny Dorham, Hank Mobley, Ramsey Lewis, and George Morrow, 6 tracks, recorded January 4, 1958

I am sending PM ...............................now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Mike,

I will take this off your hands please,

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers & Max Roach Quintet - Percussion Discussion (French Vogue, 1985)

two Argo LPs on one CD:

"Max", with Kenny Dorham, Hank Mobley, Ramsey Lewis, and George Morrow, 6 tracks, recorded January 4, 1958

I am sending PM ...............................now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got it!

Charlie Haden with Gonzalo Rubalcaba & Paul Motian - The Montral Tapes (Verve, 1997)

I would like to listen to this. I live in Singapore, however, so I would understand if you'd rather mail it to somewhere not as far away. Thanks.

Edited by gnhrtg

I would like to listen to this. I live in Singapore, however, so I would understand if you'd rather mail it to somewhere not as far away. Thanks.

Well, you could pay the stamps ..... I'll check the cost on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, you could pay the stamps ..... I'll check the cost on Monday.

Sure, Mike. Have you had any occasion to check how much postage would be?

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to donate a copy of Elvin Jones "At This Point In Time", that is surplus to requirements. This CD is Disc 6 of the OOP Mosaic, which I have, and as the Mosaic has that crucial extra 4 bits of re-mastering goodness, I feel I can let this go to a good, or indeed bad, home. :D:D:D

First person to reply to this post and then PM me their address gets this bad boy.