The new "Pay-It-Forward" Music Giveaway Thread!!&#33

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a semi box set, it's Proper's The Engine Room, four cd set of jazz drumming up through the bop period. The catch is that there is no volume 1. When I got it they included an extra modern drumming cd, instead of New Orleans and Chicago Styles. The other 3 cds are good though. Includes the slip case and booklet. Pm me if interested.

Brad, I've got the exact same "error" set - no disc 1. Must have been a bad batch... <_<

Hi everybody! As no one seems to be without any version of the Miles 1964 concert, here's a more attractive offering: just got it new, sealed, in a local Leo sale, and I can assure you, this is a fantastic set of music, featuring the late Peter Niklas Wilson on bass, with Hannes Wienert on alto and trumpet:

009.jpg

First to post here gets it!

ubu

My offering: Miles Davis: 1964 Concert (Four&More plus My Funny Valentine)

Is that the new issue or the Columbia Jazz Masterpiece 2-disc set?

The old one. I guess that's not of much value anymore, nowadays, but for me it has *a lot* of sentimental value... one of my first Miles CDs, and one I've loved very very much ever since I got it!

ubu

Vince Guaraldi has been mailed to etherbord

Lost Grooves has been mailed to Brad

John Patton will be mailed to Underground this Saturday.

Lost Grooves is in the house!

Thanks Paul.

BTW, this cd has the alt take of Brother Soul from Lou's Say it Loud cd just re-issued by Water which I don't think is on the Water reissue. So greater still.

Edited by Brad

Thanks Paul.

BTW, this cd has the alt take of Brother Soul from Lou's Say it Loud cd just re-issued by Water which I don't think is on the Water reissue. So greater still.

Yeah, I know it Brad.

That alternate take is terrific and I don't have another copy. But it was worth it. You were really nice to offer Scottb your copy of "Basra."

Enjoy!

:)

Thanks Paul.

Yeah, I know it Brad.

That alternate take is terrific and I don't have another copy. But it was worth it. You were really nice to offer Scottb your copy of "Basra."

Enjoy!

:)

This is exactly the spirit that 'Pay it Forward' brings forth! Bravo!!! :tup:tup

This is a great idea. I have a few things if anyone wants 'em.

-- Woody Herman - The Thundering Heards 1945-1947 || Columbia Jazz Masterpieces

-- Louis Armstrong and His Hot Five & Hot Seven 1925-28 || Laserlight

Addition** Pink Floyd - Relics || EMI This one is unopened. Looks to be a retrospective of their earlier material.

Not very exciting I know but surely there's someone out there that may want these.

Send me a PM and I'll get them out to you today!

Edited by bluesForBartok

As I am trying to get back into the groove-and am homebound for 8 weeks-recovering from a 7 level bypass surgery-lots of time on my hands now ;) -

I thought I'd throw a few goodies into the mix (including maybe a few OOP)- but I have been confused trying to folllow what is still available on "the other end."

It appears you have to go back 5-10 series of postings at a time to see what has been snatched up (still available :blink: )

Oh, What the hell-this is about just giving away stuff to make a few people's days, right? It'll do my ticker good :g

So, here are mine....have a go at 'em...:

"Tests of Time"- Ralph Peterson Criss Cross #1240 (W/ Jeremy Pelt)

"Max Roach + 4" Max Roach (W/Kenny Dorham/Sonny Rollins) Emarcy

"Babes Blues" The 3 Sounds OOP/old BMG issue

"Blowin Country" Bud Shank/Bob Cooper OOP/West Coast Classics!!

(But if anyone has any spare K2 remasters... :g )

Jeff