Norah Jones - COME AWAY WITH ME

pryan

Do you have this, if so, what's your honest opinion of it? If not, do you plan on getting it?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just got my copy Saturday as an SACD.

It isn't classic Blue Note jazz, OK, but compared to the other new releases it's competing against I'd rather hear it than just about any other pop record on the radio.

I feel that Norah and Diana are net assets to jazz, recording on jazz labels may be the gateway into classic Blue Note and Verve sessions and the proceeds probably help pay for some of the reissues.

OK - I admit a certain bias - they're both hot! :lol:

Even without them, better having them sell than Kenny G!

First time I ever heard Norah was on Saturday Night Live. I borrowed her CD from a friend a couple month ago, and listened to it twice. Thought it was very "pleasent", and certainly "quite nice". Nothing I'd ever get excited about, but I liked it well enough. Not well enough to run out and buy, but if I find it used (for $8 or less), I'm sure I'll buy it.

Looking forward to her future releases, mostly out of curiousity. I probably won't buy them new either, but if I find 'em used, I probably will. But I'm in no hurry to get them.

Wish her the best of luck, however. She seems good....