Pictures Of Bad Ass Hammond Organs

Soulstation1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ch-b3-81123-1.JPG

1960 b3 cherry wood with a matching PR-40 Hammond tone cabinet and a 47 Leslie. The leslie has been upgraded to a 2 speed 122 model.

That one looks like mine! Except mine has 2 non-matching 122's..... :rolleyes:

Edited by Herb

This is kind of interesting:

Caribbean Controls BassMon

It adds a couple different bass tones to the lower left hand manual, not unlike the old Nova.

Damn, I'd love to get that!!!! I dig that Broadway album a lot and love the sound. Used to hate that sort of stuff on the organ, but have grown to really appreciate it. But, like everything else, the price is ridiculous....400 bucks...pAleaaaase. <_<

I know... I'm thinking of emailing them and telling them I'll use it on the next record and give them props if they give me a deal... :)

It would be cool to play with on some funk tunes. Then again, the Chester Thompson left hand/pedal combo technique works as is! :)

I'm not really that hip to Chester Thompson.

Check out what he does on "Squib Cakes" on Tower of Power's "Back To Oakland" disc.  It's bad.

Is he playing bass on the organ? I always thought they had a fender bassist in that band.

He takes over the bassline during the organ solo on "Squib Cakes"... it's SUPA-BAD! You gotta check what he's doing with the pedals and left hand.

There's a live version of it, too... which is just killin'. Goes on for like 25 minutes and he takes this rippin' organ solo, kickin' bass the whole time.