Pictures Of Bad Ass Hammond Organs

Soulstation1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ps

all time worst story of having to move your hammond?

ss1

Well, 2 personal worsts for me.... The first is when loading into the gig, my bandmate dropped the organ on my foot and dislocated 3 of my toes (yes, I still played the gig) and went to the emergency room afterwards. Ouch, they had to reset those bastards, and THAT hurts too.

Second. I rented my organ out for a Jimmy Smith gig at a club I used to play at. No problem. Only in the meantime, the club changed locations and the new club was up 2 very rickety flights of narrow steps. THAT move was a biiiaaatch. (and yes, JOS still yelled at me about my sh*t organ, got it comin' AND goin' on that rental...ps. that was the last rental I ever did, turn them down now all the time).

I've been very lucky moving the big beast. I remember once, last winter, the guitarist in my r&b band didn't listen to me and tried to pick up one end while we were getting it into the van and the thing came down backwards. He was trying to stop it and I was yelling at him, "Get out of the way!" It's just an instrument! The damn thing could kill you! :)

No damage done to either man or beast.

I guess my worse would be related to stupid injuries. I was playing an outdoor, afternoon gig with my r&b band one fine summer day and then had to jet out of there and get to another gig with the trio over an hour away. So I'm loading up my rig really fast and for some reason I jam my thumb onto the corner of the Leslie and it pulls the nail back. OUCH!

The thing bleeds like crazy. We get to the other gig, I had no time to stop for band-aids or anything (this is my left-hand... bass playing hand) and I start playing and my thumb is bleeding all over the bottom manual as I play bass! :) Hurt like hell, too. But I got through it and got a lot of compliments from the crowd! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...