That best buy commerical with the puppet

BERIGAN

After he hears about wireless laptops...I'm Free, I'm free, like a puppet without a string...something like that....Sounds like a 60's song, but for some reason, don't recognize it. Guess it's not on one of the 12 cds the oldies stations in Atlanta have....Anyone know the tune???

After he hears about wireless laptops...I'm Free, I'm free, like a puppet without a string...something like that....Sounds like a 60's song, but for some reason, don't recognize it. Guess it's not on one of the 12 cds the oldies stations in Atlanta have....Anyone know the tune???

"The Rain, The Park, and Other Things" by The Cowsills. Supposedly they used the music but changed the words for the commercial.

I bought the 45 of that back in the day when I bought records just because I didn't have any. It wore out its welcome so quickly that, unlike more than a few that came home w/me, I have NO idea what the B-side was, nor do I care.

A band that can't give you a good B-side ain't to be trusted.

"The Rain, The Park, and Other Things" by The Cowsills. Supposedly they used the music but changed the words for the commercial.

Thanks! Didn't know the Cowsills had more than one "hit"!

Oh yeah - "Indian Lake", "We Can Fly", & "Hair" were all big hits in their day. Might have been a few others, but those are the ones I remember.

I even remember Mama Cowsill (Barbara?) appearing on To Tell The Truth. Don't remember if she stumped the panel or not, though. But hey - half the time, I can'tremember where I left my keys. Go figure.

But not one B-side worth a damn. Like I said, a band that can't give you a good B-side ain't to be trusted.

Of all the things I've said on this board, that's the one I'll go to the mat for.