Happy Birthday Big Al!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the birthday got off to an auspicious start, coming as it did after the worst bout of flu I’ve ever had. I’m much better now, but the last few days were absolute hell, and today is the first day that my whole body wasn’t wishing for death as a much more painless alternative than actually trying to breathe! Family took me to Olive Garden for dinner, and the actual birthday party/cookout (oh yeah there’s gonna be some greeeeeaze there!) is Sunday afternoon/evening, so the birthday goodies oughta be rolling in by then (I’m hoping the reason we came up dry tonight is because the Mosaic Selects I asked for are still en route! Actually, I got some very nice threads from my folks, to replace the old threads I’ve been wearing out!).

Many thanks to ubu for starting this thread and remembering me. I love birthdays, and I’m gonna keep loving them until there’s none left for me!

Biers raised and consumed in honor of John (couw), tonym, Gregk, Sangrey, Bright Moments, gslade, Lon, noj, Chris O, Paul (conn500), Guy (brownie), tjobbe, Phil M, tooter, ralphie boy, catesta, DTMX, JohnS, Brownian Motian, deus62, SEK, 7/4, and aftab for all the good birthday wishes (if I didn’t list your real name, it was out of respect for privacy for those who don’t know your real name. I mean, EVERYONE knows that jazzbo is Lon! Not everyone knows Bright Moments or deus62’s real names.)! So a big ***hiccup*** and much love and greeeaze to all of you.

Jim R, you tell everyone to blame me for a lot of your Board Humor, and yet you’ve forgotten more than I’ll ever know about how to be funny; so, would you kindly remind me again, like you have the last 2,000-or-so times I've asked? Heck, you don’t even have to be kind. Being hilarious is enough! Thanks for always being funnier than me!

Jeff (AB), my brother, your friendship is truly cherished and your PM today almost made a grown man cry in his office! Not that that’s a bad thing or anything, but I’ve worked long and hard to build my reputation as a complete asshole around work, and that woulda killed it right there! :lol:

Mikeweil, what, no Christmas or Hannukah wishes? :g Can’t wait for the good Tjader vibes!

Brother Joe G (youngster!), you guys do what I only dream about! Please don’t ever stop, and next time I promise not to shut down the whole town when I come to see you guys!

Ghost, right back atcha my friend. It’s not only because I consider you a friend that I think you have one of the best radio shows going; it’s because you really do a grand job playing the music and telling the stories.

Maren and Rachel, if it weren’t for you, this place would have no class whatsoever. Despite that obvious character flaw of yours, I’m glad y’all are here! :g We truly don’t deserve you two (at least I don’t!).

Soul Stream, I’m gonna take you up on that offer! And no “buts” about it!

Vint, how’d you discover my secret recipe for the extra-greeeeeazy frosting? Cuz I KNOW that ain’t my candles lighting that thing up! :w

Brad, I never knew that about me & Jaws! Thanks for making my day that much more greeeeazy!

And if I accidentally left anyone out, please don’t be afraid to say so. The flu medicine hasn’t completely worn off yet!

Oh yeah, Chuck and Skid, you guys are still a couple o' smart asses! Don’t ever change! :P

Sorry to get all mushy-gushy on all of ya like this, but how often does a man get the chance to tell his friends how much they mean to him? Not often enough, IMHO. Thank you all.

This is Hilariuos Swanky saying good night. Wait don't cue the music! I forgot to thank my doctor, my lawyer, my wife, my kids, my writer/cat (RIP), my accountant (wait, that’s me! Nevermind!), my agent, my mechanic, my pharmacist, my pastor, all of my teachers, Clint Eastwood, blah blah blah blah.................

• 9 years later...