Greg Osby

Guest che

You're welcome, Che.

I don't know if anyone else shares the same a opinion, but I thought Blue Note in 1999-2000 was at a peak. You had Osby, Moran, Mark Shim, Stefon Harris, plus stalwarts like Lovano.

I enjoyed an album that had Osby, Moran, Harris, Shim called New Directions. The All Music review is negative, but I remember liking it. This might be something cool to pick up used.

d95360i1co9.jpg

I can see that being involved with this forum is going to be a rather addictive and expensive thing :rolleyes:

Che.

You're welcome, Che.

I don't know if anyone else shares the same a opinion, but I thought Blue Note in 1999-2000 was at a peak. You had Osby, Moran, Mark Shim, Stefon Harris, plus stalwarts like Lovano.

I enjoyed an album that had Osby, Moran, Harris, Shim called New Directions. The All Music review is negative, but I remember liking it. This might be something cool to pick up used.

d95360i1co9.jpg

I was just listening to this one the other day. I hadn't heard it in a while, and while re-visiting it I was really amazed at the creativity behind the arrangements of the tunes. Its a fine album. Some really nice soloing and interplay as well. This one is a must have for fans of Moran's trio....the seeds are being sown here.

I was just listening to this one the other day. I hadn't heard it in a while, and while re-visiting it I was really amazed at the creativity behind the arrangements of the tunes. Its a fine album. Some really nice soloing and interplay as well. This one is a must have for fans of Moran's trio....the seeds are being sown here.

After reading the Allmusic review, I was afraid my memory had deceived me. Thanks for the review! I'm glad I'm not alone in my liking of that album.

Yeah, Che... You've entered a place that can help you spend a LOT of money. :lol:

• 12 years later...

"My artistic life is very demanding and complicated, and I have so many projects that I’m involved in. When I make a commitment to something, something else usually comes up and many things have to be delayed. But finally this year my album will be done. I’m not going to accept any other jobs, before I finish this record. I’m very proud of it. All of the preparation is done, so I just need to book the studio and record it at this point. This record will show people, what I’ve been thinking about since the previous release 9 years ago. I was in no hurry."

That's what he said a few weeks ago, the interview can be found here

http://gregosby.blogspot.nl/2017/09/interview-for-jazzsoulpl-sopot-jazz-2017.html

2 hours ago, Niko said:

"My artistic life is very demanding and complicated, and I have so many projects that I’m involved in. When I make a commitment to something, something else usually comes up and many things have to be delayed. But finally this year my album will be done. I’m not going to accept any other jobs, before I finish this record. I’m very proud of it. All of the preparation is done, so I just need to book the studio and record it at this point. This record will show people, what I’ve been thinking about since the previous release 9 years ago. I was in no hurry."

That's what he said a few weeks ago, the interview can be found here

http://gregosby.blogspot.nl/2017/09/interview-for-jazzsoulpl-sopot-jazz-2017.html

Great news, thanks much!

• 1 month later...