Blue Lake now streaming on the web

Happy belated birthday to Fred Anderson featured tonight on Blue Lake, with the web stream on early, at 10 p.m. due to the kindness of independant record label owners!

(p.s. heard through the grapevine that the new "book" on local FM radio audience has 4,000 people tuning in to Jazz From Blue Lake every night, and our daytime classical music is earning a 2.5 share of this growing market. A 2.5 adds up to around 28,000 people a week just to hear our daytime classical programming...Of course since we didn't pay for this info, I can't use it so please don't tell anyone. :P )

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link to WFIU Night Lights, it's great !!

Blue Lakes broadcasting schedule is , of course, out of synchronisation with Tokyo, I've tuned in several times but it seems to be talk shows all the time.

Maybe a clearer schedule to help international listeners would be a good idea.

Edited by kinuta

I just returned from the GMT converter to see Jazz From Blue Lake would be heard from 11:30 a.m. most weekdays in Tokoyo. Tonight is one of the occassional nights we'll begin at 10 p.m. -- 10 a.m. in Tokoyo.

Thanks for trying us out. Hope you come back. Please tell any friends in Japan who you think might enjoy us. If you have a minute to post any of the jazz stations in Japan, especially Tokoyo, that would be much appreciated. I've been talking to a concert producer in Toronto who wants to see about broadcasting recordings in Japan.

Lazaro

Edited by Lazaro Vega

Isn't that cool, too, that "The Poet of the Piano" as Jordan is called by his Japanese fans just happened to be featured on the first night we heard from a listener in Japan?

Thanks Ghost. Man, these late night hours are starting to feel more social already!

LV

Edited by Lazaro Vega

Isn't that cool, too, that "The Poet of the Piano" as Jordan is called by his Japanese fans just happened to be featured on the first night we heard from a listener in Japan?

Yeah, I caught your reference to Kinuta! Excellent that the cool sounds of Blue Lake are now going out all over the world.

I have to track down some of that Jordan Steeplechase material.

Edited by ghost of miles

Lazaro

As yet I haven't located any Japanese internet radio stations that I would consider recommending. If I come across anything interesting I'll post details. Alternatively if anyone has any leads they would like following up on the various Japanese language web sites I'll be happy to oblige.

Dave

Billie Holiday featured tonight on Jazz From Blue Lake, though the stream will be blocked until 11:30 p.m. edt.

Drummer Pete La Roca this Friday night, following a daring program by The New York Philharmonic, and the web stream will be continious -- no blocking this Friday.

LV

Hi Al,

Sorry I didn't log on while we were doing the Herbie Hancock program.

Here's something for Monday night:

This Monday evening at 10 p.m. edt (same as New York) please join Blue Lake Public Radio for a special live performance by Kyle Bruckmann's Wrack, a twisted chamber group of improvising musicians from Chicago and the San Fransisco Bay area. See http://www.bayimproviser.com/artistdetail.asp?artist_id=205 for more information about Kyle Bruckman, including links to his home page. The broadcast will be heard in West Michigan over WBLV FM 90.3 and WBLU FM 88.9 and over the Internet via live web stream from www.bluelake.org

Lazaro Vega

Blue Lake Public Radio

300 East Crystal Lake Road

Twin Lake MI 49457

radio@bluelake.org