Bossa Nova e outras bossas

just released a great book with more than 700 pictures of vynil covers covering discs of Bossa Nova.

i know we have some members very interested in Bossa Nova and yesterday i had the chance to have a look on the book and it's amazingly impressive. the book is heavy and its size is 30x30 cm such as vynil cover.

here is a weblink (portuguese only, sorry) with some images of the book

Bossa Nova LP Covers Book

the book costs 199 Reais so it's like 72-75 USD and i'm not sure it's gonna be available abroad

Marcus

more informations about the book:

2.500 units are available only and all the revenue will be reverted to a national campaign against children using fireguns

the covers have been scanned from the disc belonging to a devote collector, Mr.Caetano Rodrigues

the book is co-produced between Mr.Rodrigues and Charles Gavin who is responsible for several important reissues of brazilian music in the last 5 years

the famos writer Ruy Castro contributed with some lines introducing the book. he is knowledgeable man when it comes to Bossa Nova

i'm not sure now but maybe his comments have been translated to english

voila :)

Marcus

• 3 months later...

Hopefully some will make it to the US.

Dusty Groove has it for $140 :o

Yeah, I saw that the other day. From all the info I've seen online over the past several months, it does look like a terriffic book, but... $140 is way outta my range. I'd have to do some soul searching at half that price.

Oh well, I've got many of those covers as CD booklets, plus a few in LP form, and a few in the japanese book "Os Discos Da Bossa Nova", which I bought a few years back at Dusty Groove.

Congrats, Marcus. I hope you got a good deal! :cool: