The guitar corner

7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See? I told you. You're so tense and stiff that not only are your fingers incapable of forming a simple G7 chord, but now in a fit of frustration you've crushed your guitar in between your hands! :o

And it was a SOLID body. I bet YOU can't do that--you guys and your wimp-ass, wet-noodle light touch. You're just a bunch of Girly Men!

BTW, do you think I overtuned this guitar just a bit?

gitaarcaput.jpg

347 here! ;)

.....i'll shut up myself now and go practicing ....... -_- ...hope that works :huh:

Just checked out your web site and listened to the MP3's. :tup:tup:tup Your songs are great, and so is your playing. B-) But if you don't mind a little suggestion, I think you'd play just a teeny-tiny bit better if you used the GRIPMASTER (echo: Gripmaster, Gripmaster) once or twice a week. :g

Hey Joe, where you going with that gun in yo' hand?

I mean...

Hey Joe, did the Alleykat arrive?

I've really got the guitar bug now. I am really liking the Cort :wub: . I have been playing more lately and am getting my technique back.

I actually have a bid on another guitar on Ebay!

I have this vision (read delusion) of buying cheap guitars, junk guitars and upgrading them or fixing them and reselling them. Not to make money but for the fun of working on guitars and hopefully I can support the hobby by reselling them.

I can't give away the details of my first project because the auction is still in progress. But soon enough...

Project two would probably be to build a custom tele with humbuckers and a LP junior bridge/tailpiece.

Yep, the Alleycat was on my front porch when I got home from work last Friday. It's a nice little guitar! However, I think it was Wednesday or Thursday night I was lying in bed thinking, "Why did I order that thing?". So I'm trying to decide if it's going to fill an important enough role to justify keeping it, despite the great price. I mean, am I really going to want to leave it at work? And is it good enough to play on a gig? It's not as comfortable to wear and play as my Ibanez, that's for sure. I'll have to think about it some more. I know, I'm a big party pooper. ^_^

Okay, I have decided to post a pic of my guitar setup, even though I am mainly a trombone player (or dinosaur rider as Sangrey reminds me).

I found this '79 Ibanez 2630 Artist in my favorite pawn shop. I could have broken my neck rushing back the next day to buy it. I knew it was special. What a great work of art. Those Japanese manufacturers really outdid themselves during that period of time. I sold my tex mex tele (nashville deluxe) to pay for it, and have NEVER regretted it. This one is going nowhere.

I only wish my photo skills were such to give this lovely gtr justice.

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

Okay, I have decided to post a pic of my guitar setup, even though I am mainly a trombone player (or dinosaur rider as Sangrey reminds me).

I found this '79 Ibanez 2630 Artist in my favorite pawn shop. I could have broken my neck rushing back the next day to buy it. I knew it was special. What a great work of art. Those Japanese manufacturers really outdid themselves during that period of time. I sold my tex mex tele (nashville deluxe) to pay for it, and have NEVER regretted it. This one is going nowhere.

I only wish my photo skills were such to give this lovely gtr justice.

Nice setup, and that's a sweet guitar!

I used to have a Roland JC-120 amp like that. I wish I still had it. :tup

Of course if it plays nicely and sounds good I might have trouble parting with it.

By the way, those M200s have a MSRP of about $250. I paid $102 :excited: (including shipping!.)

I admit it, I'm a CHEAP GUITAR JUNKIE!!

Edited by scottb