7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

those 60days going fast, huh? :g

btw. did someone listen to the "new" live DoCD from Scott Henderson.....boah, killer tone, killer playin'....well i have a few of his records (Dog Party, Well 2 the bone, Rocket Sience...) and i knew most of the songs...but he is burning the house down....Hendrix-2000!!!!..... :party: John Humphrey plays the bass, Kirk Covington plays the drums and did the vocal-parts live.....

:excited::excited::excited:

Due to the overwhelming response to the poll. I must end the voting to avoid crashing the server.

Looks like since Ron voted twice (thanks Ron) each optioin got... let's see... carry the one... Yes, one each!

Obviously Ron's second vote cancels his first so it's a dead heat.

I think I will break the tie and choose option #3 The black trim with chrome pickups. I like the contrast of this option and the neck and headstock are still black so it brings it all together a bit more.

It reminds me of the New Orleans Saints which I grew up pulling for. (That's how I learned to be a gracious loser and learned that football is not all that important) Who knows I may even throw a fleur de lis on it eventually. ;)

Black/Black?

I had initially ruled that out but maybe it would work. I'll make the mock up tonight.

I'll post some picks of Project 2 - Charvel strat soon as well. I've just about got it sanded down to wood. Should be able to finish when I get a free hour.

I am currently winning an auction on ebay for some BLACK Dragon II PRS pickups

I am going crazy! The Dragon IIs have nickel covers. So we're back to Black trim, Chrome/Nickel PU look.

Must be too many paint fumes! :D

Edited by scottb

• 2 weeks later...

Guitar project update: (almost too embarressed to post)

Project 1:

Since my last update I attempted to touch up that nasty little spot that keeps showing through which resulted in me eventually taking it all back down to wood! I have since reapplied primer and the paint and am waiting a few days before starting the clear coat (although I think with only one color, the wait is probably unnecessary.) Third times the charm, right?

Project 2:

After jumping through hoops to get my hands on the Magenta / Gold Mirage kit and ordering a second can of the color coat, I hated it! I could generate a slight color change by holding the guitar up the light, but 99% of the time it looked like a mixure of purple and gold which resembled a brownish / plum color which was not attractive at all. So I'm back down to wood again on this one too!

My plan for this guitar now is to utilize a stencil kit which I got as a free offer from Duplicolor, and some of Duplicolor's new metallic flake paint. Thinking about blue with silver flames.