The guitar corner

7/4

I bought one of these used last week, except mine is made in Japan. Mine has a mahogany body with a natural finish. Looks like the back of a goldtop Les Paul. Dig the funky pickguard. :cool:

0136902300s.jpg

That pickguard is sweet!!! I am jealous.

Nice axe!!

Thanks. Bill Frisell is on the cover of the July '05 Downbeat with a mexican in powder blue, the same one he used when I saw him at the VV this year. :)

(The photo isn't my guitar.)

Edited by 7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone have an opinion on The Rogue Classic Spider Resonator?

B0002F7IH6.01-AIMZUKBRH6H15._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

At $129, that seems to be a good deal.

The only thing I've heard, in general, about such cheaply produced guitars, is that you should try them out in person. One in five might have quality control issues. Now, I am not speaking directly about the Rogue as I have never played one. But still imagine checking them out is a good idea.

g

I just picked up a cheap Washburn strat knock-off as my first electric.  I have had a REAL cheap acoustic for years.  I have been teaching myself some things over the years, and now with a respectable guitar, I will be getting formal lessons.

My question is this -- what would be a good newbie amp?  I am looking for something small-ish.  My view has been colored by an amp that a friend loaned me, a Fender Champ 25 from the mid-70s.  Nice warm tubes, full sound.

I am lazy and haven't read through all of the pages here, so there may be a rec that someone can point me to within this thread.

Used would be fine, especially since my budget is a max of $150 or so.  Anything worth having in that price range?

Ask your friend if he/she would sell said amp for 150.00! :)

Otherwise, a solid state practice amp may be in your future. There are some good ones, for sure.

This Looks Like A Good Option

Have fun!

g

He bought that amp from a co-worker for $50. :wacko:

I just need to find one for that price... :g

Until then, That Vox looks like the real deal!

You're not interested in the Epiphone Galaxie 10???

Santa was good to me. Here is my Galaxie 10, based on your rec. Thanks! I am more than satisfied!

new%20axe.gif

Santa was good to me. Here is my Galaxie 10, based on your rec. Thanks! I am more than satisfied!

new%20axe.gif

Based on the specs, it looks like a good amp. Enjoy!

I put in five hours on this yesterday. It sounds fantastic with no pedals. Bit of an odor with that new tube stank. I may even swap the tubes per many internet recommendations on this model. :tup

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's been a long time, but in case any of you remember my guitar projects. I finally got brave enough to finish the Charvel.

After project 1 (the Cort -PRS style) had the finish crack during wet sanding after waiting for 2 months for the finish to cure I was less than excited to get started sanding the Charvel. It went pretty well and I'm pleased with the results. It's not perfect but pretty good for an amateur job.

The first two pictures demonstrate the glossy finish. The last two give you some idea about the metallic flake although it's hard to capture in photos.

Yeah...oh well. I always heard of Shawn Lane, not I know why I couldn't be bothered to check him out. Too bad he never made the leap into playing Jazz. I know he did work with some South Indian Classical musicans, I hope his guitar sounded a bit more...uh...normal for that gig. RIP SL.

This reminds me that NAMM is in session this weekend. I haven't been there in a few years, NAMM is like a full time Guitar Center 24/7. Interesting for a visit, makes me glad I'm not in the music business full time.

It looked like an older video; perhaps he changed his approach over the years. I think he also worked with Jonas Helborg (sp?).

Never been to a NAMM show. Except for Elderly Instruments, I usually can't stand being in music stores for very long. Maybe I should stay away. :ph34r:

Never been to a NAMM show. Except for Elderly Instruments, I usually can't stand being in music stores for very long. Maybe I should stay away. :ph34r:

I like the vintage side of things better, but I should really stay home and play guitar. Still...I get tempted to go on guitar safari and hit a lot of shops in one day. :g

It looked like an older video; perhaps he changed his approach over the years. I think he also worked with Jonas Helborg (sp?).

Shawn Lane Memorial Website

He was a brilliant technician, and in the field a fusion, a force to be reckoned with. The songs on his site sound quite involved and certainly legit fusion tunes.

I am just into different music.

Edited by GregN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may be a long shot, but...

Does anybody recognize the routing for the bridge on my blue flame guitar?

I believe it to be a Charvel by Jackson body and assume it had a Floyd Rose trem but from pics off the internet and catalogs none of the models seem to have this routing pattern.

I think there is a low profile Floyd Rose trem that Jackson makes, and I suspect this is the one.

I think I've just about decided to build the guitar instead of just selling the body.