The guitar corner

7/4

Hey guys,

Long time no see... or chat... or whatever.

(Hope that doesn't make this spam)

I have developed a way to print images onto pickguards. Actually, I print them then cut the pickguard.

I can make a pickguard with any image you desire. Some other people do this but they charge $80 and they are apparently applying their images on the back of clear acrylic.

My images are printed INTO the plastic for a durable image on pickguard that looks and feels like a real pickguard. I can do it in the $30 to $40 reange.

I thinks its a good way to customize / personalize your guitar which is ealtively cheap and reversible.

Attached is a picture of a pickguard with Santana's ABRAXAS artwork on it.

If anyone is interested let me know.

post-57-1207549334_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well.......NGD will be happening in a couple of weeks. I finally got around to ordering that Blackout Tele from Sweetwater.

They expect it to be back in stock by the end of the week and shipping to me is another week.

Yoo Hoo!

Cool. It's a slick lookin' gtr. I expect a full product review!

534412.jpg

This Crate "Blackheart" 5 watt pentode/3 watt triode looks interesting. . . .543302jpg.jpg

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Blackheart-BH5...675-i1387317.gc

Well, this is a sweet little amp. Clear clean tone, especially in pentode. I like the triode mode, chunkier tone and breaks up faster when you crank and bear down. I don't think any of you would take this into a gig larger than a small coffee house one but for practicing and for jamming with a few pals, nice! You can use this amp as a practice amp for a bass guitar too, and it even works okay with my bass violin though that huge thing feedbacks wildly!

On top of that. . . I bought another guitar. I wanted something "ES 335"ish. I looked all around and couldn't find a Gibson I wanted to afford. Even used they were pricey and even ones with minor problems were pricey.

So I was at a few places and tried a few things. The only thing I really liked about a few Epiphone Dots I played was the worn finish on one and the price on both. . . ended up at Guitar Center and really liking the '72 Telecaster Thinline Reissue. Wow. What an easy playing guitar, a neck you just glide along! And the "Wide Range" Humbuckers really do give you a lot of ES 335 sounds but with that Fender "thang" at the core. So it's very bright, but if I dial all the midrange out and the bass up at the amp then you really do get those nice warm blues and jazz sounds. It's a really fine guitar!

Now I can put my Breadwinner in for some sprucing up and have the Tele to plunk on in its absence. I got the natural finish.

72_telecaster_thinline.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

This Crate "Blackheart" 5 watt pentode/3 watt triode looks interesting. . . .543302jpg.jpg

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Blackheart-BH5...675-i1387317.gc

Well, this is a sweet little amp. Clear clean tone, especially in pentode. I like the triode mode, chunkier tone and breaks up faster when you crank and bear down. I don't think any of you would take this into a gig larger than a small coffee house one but for practicing and for jamming with a few pals, nice! You can use this amp as a practice amp for a bass guitar too, and it even works okay with my bass violin though that huge thing feedbacks wildly!

On top of that. . . I bought another guitar. I wanted something "ES 335"ish. I looked all around and couldn't find a Gibson I wanted to afford. Even used they were pricey and even ones with minor problems were pricey.

So I was at a few places and tried a few things. The only thing I really liked about a few Epiphone Dots I played was the worn finish on one and the price on both. . . ended up at Guitar Center and really liking the '72 Telecaster Thinline Reissue. Wow. What an easy playing guitar, a neck you just glide along! And the "Wide Range" Humbuckers really do give you a lot of ES 335 sounds but with that Fender "thang" at the core. So it's very bright, but if I dial all the midrange out and the bass up at the amp then you really do get those nice warm blues and jazz sounds. It's a really fine guitar!

Now I can put my Breadwinner in for some sprucing up and have the Tele to plunk on in its absence. I got the natural finish.

72_telecaster_thinline.jpg

Lon has gone GEAR CRAZY! :excited: Wow, sweet looking guitar...I'm envious.

Oh, yeahhhhhhhh.

Lon's got GAS - no question about it.

[GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome]

(me too, BTW)

I picked up one of these at Guitar Center over the weekend. Makes a LOT of sounds for a little over $100 - and very portable. You can use it as a headphone amp.

PocketPOD.jpg

That looks like a cool little device.

Yeah, I love the looks of this guitar, always have liked Thinlines in that way. . . Many I've seen have had black or tortoise pickguards which I'd prefer, but I'm getting used to the pearloid white. . . .

Tracking shows delivery on Tuesday.

I'll give a full run-down on how "black" it sounds. :cool:

spinaltap_logo.jpg

None more black! :D

Exactly!

Meanwhile........it looks like I'm going to have to send it back to Sweetwater. Most of the slots in the nut are cut way too shallow. "Marty" said that they would re-slot it for me.

Interesting comment from him: "I've seen this on a number of Gibsons but rarely on a Fender."

there used to be a picture on post 861 of this thread but is looks like it has disappeared.

Don't know how or why that happened

There used to be a photo of my Epiphone Joe Pass on post #1. My guess is they got lost during some old problems with the board database.