• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$255,100.00?

I can do a lot of other things with $255,100.00! :rlol

For one thing, invest it. After 15 years in a mutual fund with an average annual return of 10%, a $255,100 investment would be worth more than $1 million. How much will that shitty old beat-up guitar be worth? :w

Holy crap. :crazy:

Dat's a lotta money! :rfr

That's an understatement. And to spend that kind of cheese on an instrument you can't even see until you get it is a little silly.

Yeah, whatever. So, ummm Jimmy, I was wondering...could I borrow a couple hundred thousand. My feedback is at stake here. :crazy:

Check this out:

Fretted/fretless guitars

Click on the demos; looks like it actually works!

I've seen this before. When the frets are up, they look like they're nicely crowned like a great fret job. When they're down, you're not going to hear a smooth transition in pitch. Slide along the fretboard and when the fingerboard ends, there's going to be a gap until you hit the top of the fret.

I might be wrong, but that's how I see it.

I should get my fretless out and apply myself to it, it's been a while and I feel bad about not doing much about that axe.

I noticed in the six-string demo that the guy was playing it pretty much the same both ways; I would think that with true fretless, the chordal playing he was doing would be pretty difficult. So maybe you're right, and it's more of a "fretless effect".