The guitar corner

7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LASER technology now available! Powerful laserlight is the effect you have waited for!

LEDs in guitars and basses are to underline the player´s personality and style.

at last the end to endless fruitless practice sessions is here.. forget the strings! forget the frustrating licks and runs you can never master anyway! let the light do the work for you! music doesn't impress the girls, it's the ROCK STAR-IMAGE you have on stage that does it!! finally here is your chance to cover-up your fake musicianship and let the girls know you're actually an electrician by nature!

Two-colour layout with matching body LEDs ("runway design") makes your instrument look longer and more impressing (side dots with dimmer).

finally get all the girls with these lights ~ this is the answer to the miserable days of being unable to catch the hearts of the members of the opposite camp by trying to play quasi-romantic melodies!!!

the dimmer knob can be reached while playing.

super-utility guitar! makes those lumberjack-women recognize your DIMMING SKILLS at once!! back-stage after-show satisfaction guaranteed!

the player is never blinded!

so you can reach down your pants while playing!

http://www.led-guitars.com/41026.html

• 3 weeks later...

So . . . umm . . . like . . . ummm . . . who bought a new guitar today? :blink:

Didn't buy one, but I did go to the NJ Guitar and Bass Center. They were supposed to be open, but not today. :o

Where's that?

Edison. Along with all the other Eq., they have a lot of basses and more fretless basses on the wall than anywhere else I've been.

web page

Call first! :D They're real close to both the NJ Turnpike and Rt.1

And don't go on a weekend. Too many kids playing Eruption or whatever...

They had one of these that I wanted to check out a few weeks back, but the store was small and busy.

AC40.jpg

I finally got back over there and this bass was totally lifeless!

I really believe the sound gets better from years of constant playing.

I don't know if there is any truth to that with guitars, but I once spoke to a violinist that said this about volins.

It's true. My Martin sounds much better than when I first got it And it sounded great then! :wub:

I slapped new strings on this guitar last night and it sounds even better now!

I don't know if there is any truth to that with guitars, but I once spoke to a violinist that said this about volins.

It's true. My Martin sounds much better than when I first got it And it sounded great then! :wub:

I've got some new strings for my Wechter nylon string acoustic that I've been meaning to put on. I'm sure it will be a big improvement - the ones on there now are at least 2 years old.

I'd like to get a bass guitar, too, for making demos on my computer. I was thinking I'd get a cheap electric, but maybe I should look at some acoustics, too.

Hey Joe: Long time. Hope all's well.

I didn't read the whole 53 pages so you'll excuse me :g . But I saw the pictures of the guitars and I just stopped in to gloat (crow?).

I'm not one of these guitar players that falls in love with instruments. Know what I mean? If it plays good and sounds good it is good. But I stopped in a music store to unload another guitar. And got hit by a thunderbolt. My 'Apollonia'. I tried this '29 L4. It's an archtop but with a round hole. And that's the way it's gonna stay. But I played it and had to have it, expense be damned. It just sounds, plays, and even looks like a million bucks. I've been a good boy, teach children every day and I'm gonna have this f'ing guitar. Period.

I put a down payment on it and if things go well she'll be all mine by September. I tried to convince the guy to let me use it for a record date next month but he wouldn't go for it. I understand, but am disappointed. Anyway,either out of pride, to hook me further, or to merely rub it in, this owner played a recording of his brother playing Django-style music on the guitar. The guy played damn good too. I can hardly wait!

Happy Fathers Day.

Joel

Edited by fasstrack

Sounds cool as hell, Joel. Having a guitar that sounds, plays, and yes, looks great to you just makes it that much easier to "get it on", so to speak. I think it was Leni Stern who said something like, "Find a guitar that will make you want to play forever..."

Post a pic when you get it home. :tup

Sounds cool as hell, Joel. Having a guitar that sounds, plays, and yes, looks great to you just makes it that much easier to "get it on", so to speak. I think it was Leni Stern who said something like, "Find a guitar that will make you want to play forever..."

Post a pic when you get it home. :tup

Thanks. Can't promise the pic, as I'm a computer retard. Complete, unrepentant, hopeless :crazy: . How bout I post a link to me playing it when I start to? That's what it's really about anyway.....

I've got some new strings for my Wechter nylon string acoustic that I've been meaning to put on. I'm sure it will be a big improvement - the ones on there now are at least 2 years old.

I'd like to get a bass guitar, too, for making demos on my computer. I was thinking I'd get a cheap electric, but maybe I should look at some acoustics, too.

Joe,

I've got a bass you are are more than welcome to borrow.

g

• 4 weeks later...

Can't decide what color you want your next guitar to be? Not to worry! You can always go this route:

The many colors of Dick Onstenk's Gibson Tal Farlow (and he's got shirts to match!)

Yeah, but can he do pink paisley? :D

Hey, you never know! :D

P.S. Nice version of How Insensitive.

Yeah, the guy is a pretty darned good player... and he's prolific with those uploads! :blink: I'm not sure I would buy a CD, but I enjoy checking out his jazz videos once a week or so (not too crazy about his blues/rock/funk side).

Today I finally decided to sell my Epiphone Broadway which has gone essentially unplayed since I got that Cort semi-hollow body. I happened to say this aloud at the office today and the guy I share an office with piped up that he wanted it.

So I went home and took it out just to play a bit to make sure everything was in order and was once again bothered by a lot of buzzing. Couldn't really find a fret that was buzzing, the whole thing was just buzzing. I raised the action the buzzing persisted. Finally said "What the heck, I'll change the strings." So I put in a set of Gibson flat-wounds that I was saving for the next string change and things got quiet. Lowered the action to a ridiculously low level, still no buzzing!

Now this thing is playing as well as I could expect from a Korean made archtop and the sale is OFF! However, if I'm going to keep it, I'll have to upgrade the pickups. Playing my Cort with the PRS McCarty's in it has spoiled me. The stock Epiphones just aint gonna cut it any more.

Any suggestions for replacement pickups? How would P90s sound in that guitar? I've seen some P90 style pickups that fit in standard humbucker routs and have been curious.

After nearly 18 months and at least 4 complete paint jobs, I actually have a playable guitar!!

It actually plays very well, the Agathis body is light but still has nice tonal qualities and the Dragon pickups go a long way to improving the sound from the stock low end Mighty Mites.

For reference here's where it started...