The guitar corner

7/4

It's a strip of flamed maple. Nice contrast, yes.

It's a good sounding amp but needs to go into the shop. A friend tried to bridge the two channels like he does on his Bassman and I do on mine and. . . well. . . it sort of didn't like that. :) Also, the bass tone control is DOA on the bass circuit, which makes it less effective as a bass amp than I'd like, which is a drag as I play bass more than guitar these days. I'll take it into the shop soon.

I agree, black everywhere on amps is sort of tiring. Saw a nice green Blues Jr. recently. :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Okay, now I have found guitar corner again I will repost.

I need help IDing this Telecaster knockoff. It is the 3rd pic. (obviously!)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92154&id=556210358&saved#!/album.php?aid=92154&id=556210358

It needs a little TLC, but actually plays well in tune as is. I just need to change out the pots

and the three way switch. Check out the humbucker in the neck position. Different that way. Not bad for $75.

Could be a parts guitar that someone put together from All Parts, Warmouth, Wilson etc. Does it have a stacked humbucker at the neck? That's cool. I like the stain and the tortoiseshell pickguards. (Kind of cool that there's tortoiseshell down by the bridge.)

• 1 month later...

I've got this old 60's-era Tele that's been reshaped, refinished. neck PU replace, and needs fretwork. It also has a beat-up case. A dealer told me (sight un-seen) that even in this condition it might be worth a thousand or two. Is that possible?

I've got this old 60's-era Tele that's been reshaped, refinished. neck PU replace, and needs fretwork. It also has a beat-up case. A dealer told me (sight un-seen) that even in this condition it might be worth a thousand or two. Is that possible?

I think so. Look around on http://gbase.com and get an idea about the price.

Couldn't find anything there, but I'll keep looking. I had no idea ... (as they say on Antiques Roadshow).

Couldn't find anything there, but I'll keep looking. I had no idea ... (as they say on Antiques Roadshow).

keep watching...I found 137 Telcasters 1960-1970.

You also might want to check out the Gear Page and the Telecaster forum. Maybe ask questions there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just came across this on the Gruhn site: http://www.gruhn.com/catalog/ar.htm

After you click on the link, go down to item #AR4121. This instrument should be worth close to $10K no matter who owned it. I'm not a big fan of the hoopla and big $$$ that surrounds "celebrity-owned" guitars, but I can't help but wonder what this thing would be selling for if some rock star like Clapton had owned it, instead of... :ph34r:

Just came across this on the Gruhn site: http://www.gruhn.com/catalog/ar.htm

After you click on the link, go down to item #AR4121. This instrument should be worth close to $10K no matter who owned it. I'm not a big fan of the hoopla and big $$$ that surrounds "celebrity-owned" guitars, but I can't help but wonder what this thing would be selling for if some rock star like Clapton had owned it, instead of... :ph34r:

That's a really nice guitar, not one of the nicest I've seen him use but a very nice one all the same.

AR4121.jpg

• 4 months later...

I just picked up something called the Avid Recording Studio. It's an M-Audio Fast Track interface that comes bundled with Pro Tools SE (a/k/a "lite"). It's the first time I've used something like this and it looks like the learning curve might be a little steep. So far, I've only run some of the demo tunes and played around with the channels and a few instrument effects.

Anyone have any interesting "getting started" tips?

I just picked up something called the Avid Recording Studio. It's an M-Audio Fast Track interface that comes bundled with Pro Tools SE (a/k/a "lite"). It's the first time I've used something like this and it looks like the learning curve might be a little steep. So far, I've only run some of the demo tunes and played around with the channels and a few instrument effects.

Anyone have any interesting "getting started" tips?

I'm interested too. I'm trying to decide on getting a looping station vs. a cheap recording device to save some of my "ideas" for more than a moment so I have time to develop them into something more lasting.

If you want to record stuff, then a Looper is not the way to go. Those are generally for live effects. I have a Boss Looper and rarely use it (honestly, I never got the hang of using it on the fly).

About the Avid, now that I've plugged the guitar in. Still in major learning mode, but realizing that if I want to take advantage of all the Midi instruments, I will have to get a Mid keyboard. Seems like this is going to lead to an endless stream of upgrades and additions.

Probably have to get a mirror ball, too! :g

What is a fair going rate for an American made Fender Princeton Chorus (non tube)?

I find myself playing the tele not as often as my acoustic. Having some minor bills to knock out, I want to sell this and at a later date shop around for a nice low watt tube amp.

Opinions graciously received!