What's next on your YourMusic.com queue?

GA Russell

With 15,000 albums available, I don't often look through what BMG has to offer. I just check out the new releases list every week.

I would enjoy seeing what everyone else plans to receive in the next few weeks, along with a brief explanation of what you have heard about the album that makes you want it.

I'm sure that I will get an idea or two from your selections. And not just jazz. For example, somebody (maybe JSngry) pointed out that Jerry Orbach's one album is now available. That would make a great birthday gift for my sister.

Anyway, up next for me is Stan Getz's Captain Marvel. There was a thread about this album three weeks ago, and it made me want to move it up my queue. But when I went to the website, I found that it was already at the #1 spot!

I have plenty of Stan Getz already, but I like Chick Corea's playing from this period, and since I have heard only good things about the album over the years I thought now would be a good time to pick it up.

What's #1 on your queue?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just joined up after jazzbo clued me in that my fantastic winning bid of $61 (+ shipping) for the Miles "Seven Steps to Heaven" box set resulted from the fact that the seller probably purchased it himself from yourmusic.com for $41 in change and no shipping.

In any event, my first CD will be Andrew Hill's DANCE WITH DEATH. (What am I bid for the Blue Note LT series original LP?) :rolleyes:

Edited by MartyJazz

My next shipment will be the Fats Waller Centennial set. For some odd reason they listed this as a single cd.

You must have selected this Centennial Collection before yourmusic revised their website and priced the Centennial Collections @ $9.98.

I placed a few 2-CD or CD/DVD combos that were priced at $4.99 into the queue and luckily, I'll be charged for a single, instead of double price.

My Captain Marvel has been shipped, so I have a new number one on my queue:

Jackie McLean - Jackie's Bag

I'm not the biggest fan of Jackie McLean. I bought A Long Drink of the Blues because it got good reviews, and it left me underwhelmed.

I've picked Jackie's Bag because Tina Brooks is on it. I had never heard of Brooks before Mosaic issued its set of him, and I've only heard a cut or two from one of his albums (I think Back of the Tracks, maybe). I have read that Brooks has a featured place on this album, so I thought it would be good to give it a shot.

Jazzbo, Equinox was for many years a desert island disc of mine! I've owned three LPs and a CD of it.

I'm pretty much out of my lounge phase (which lasted decades, apparently!), so I'm not as high on it as I used to be. But for what it tries to be, I think it's one of the best!

Edited by GA Russell

I'm sure it's great, I'm excited to hear it, I just didn't want to pay a lot for a short cd so I'm glad yourmusic.com has it.

The real treat for me on yourmusic.com is the MULTIPLE cd sets for 4.99 a disc. I've spent way too much on some of that action!

My Captain Marvel has been shipped, so I have a new number one on my queue:

Jackie McLean - Jackie's Bag

I'm not the biggest fan of Jackie McLean. I bought A Long Drink of the Blues because it got good reviews, and it left me underwhelmed.

I've picked Jackie's Bag because Tina Brooks is on it. I had never heard of Brooks before Mosaic issued its set of him, and I've only heard a cut or two from one of his albums (I think Back of the Tracks, maybe). I have read that Brooks has a featured place on this album, so I thought it would be good to give it a shot.

If "Appointment in Ghana" from JACKIE'S BAG doesn't make you a bigger fan of Jackie, then you never will be. Regardless, this is a much better album than A LONG DRINK.....

• 4 weeks later...

My Jackie's Bag arrived today, so the new number one on my hit parade queue is

The Beach Boys - Friends and 20/20

Each year in mid-May I break out my surfing and surf guitar records and get psyched for the summer. I think I'm getting a little too old to do this, as I just don't enjoy the music of my youth as much as I used to.

Still, at YourMusic's prices, I thought it would be worthwhile to pick up a couple of Beach Boys albums I haven't heard before. This is a two LPs on one CD deal, and includes one of their last hits, Do It Again.

I bought that one the minute I read, on this board, that yourmusic had it!

What a great reissue (for five bucks!) I also have a twofer European copy that has Seashells on it. . . but I wanted to have this remastered version; both sound really good but it is nice to have as a single.

I love the original session; the second session is very good but the first session KILLS.