Recipes You've Been Perfecting For Years

Clam Spaghetti.

Serves 4.

Dice a bulb of garlic, and saute it in 3 tablespoons of olive oil or butter or some combination of the two. When the garlic is just starting to brown add the juice from 4 cans of Doxsee chopped clams. Add a tablespoon of dried parsley, a tablespoon of dried oregano, and a tablespoon of black pepper. Bring to a boil, simmer a couple of minutes, and turn off the heat. Let sit for an hour or two. Chop half a can of black olives, squeeze the juice of one or two lemons. When you're ready to eat bring the sauce almost to a boil, add the clams, cook for a bare minute, add the olives and lemon juice, and serve over a lb of your favorite pasta. Add parmesan cheese if you want. Yum.

I sprinkle shredded mozarella on the leftovers and heat them in the microwave.

Clam Spaghetti.

Serves 4.

Dice a bulb of garlic, and saute it in 3 tablespoons of olive oil or butter or some combination of the two. When the garlic is just starting to brown add the juice from 4 cans of Doxsee chopped clams. Add a tablespoon of dried parsley, a tablespoon of dried oregano, and a tablespoon of black pepper. Bring to a boil, simmer a couple of minutes, and turn off the heat. Let sit for an hour or two. Chop half a can of black olives, squeeze the juice of one or two lemons. When you're ready to eat bring the sauce almost to a boil, add the clams, cook for a bare minute, add the olives and lemon juice, and serve over a lb of your favorite pasta. Add parmesan cheese if you want. Yum.

Yum. :wub:

Do fresh oregano & parsley do anything for that recipe, or is dried better?

Clam Spaghetti.

Serves 4.

Dice a bulb of garlic, and saute it in 3 tablespoons of olive oil or butter or some combination of the two.  When the garlic is just starting to brown add the juice from 4 cans of Doxsee chopped clams. Add a tablespoon of dried parsley, a tablespoon of dried oregano, and a tablespoon of black pepper. Bring to a boil, simmer a couple of minutes, and turn off the heat. Let sit for an hour or two.  Chop half a can of black olives, squeeze the juice of one or two lemons. When you're ready to eat bring the sauce almost to a boil, add the clams, cook for a bare minute, add the olives and lemon juice, and serve over a lb of your favorite pasta. Add parmesan cheese if you want.  Yum.

I like dried, but only because that's what I have on hand. You can do it with fresh clams, too, but then that adds a lot more work to the dinner.

Clam Spaghetti.

Serves 4.

Dice a bulb of garlic, and saute it in 3 tablespoons of olive oil or butter or some combination of the two.  When the garlic is just starting to brown add the juice from 4 cans of Doxsee chopped clams. Add a tablespoon of dried parsley, a tablespoon of dried oregano, and a tablespoon of black pepper. Bring to a boil, simmer a couple of minutes, and turn off the heat. Let sit for an hour or two.  Chop half a can of black olives, squeeze the juice of one or two lemons. When you're ready to eat bring the sauce almost to a boil, add the clams, cook for a bare minute, add the olives and lemon juice, and serve over a lb of your favorite pasta. Add parmesan cheese if you want.  Yum.

Anytime you have the chance it's almost always better to use fresh parsley rather than dried. The difference in flavor is huge.

Rice With A-1 Sauce:

Get pre-steamed white rice

put in bowl

micowave 2 minutes (no more, no less)

add A-1 Steak sauce to taste

mix thoroughly

Enjoy!!! :D:excited:

That was my older son's favorite dish. I don't care for it myself.

sounds great! :excited:

• 8 months later...

I recently made some pulled pork in the crock pot and it came out great! This is done w/o any outdoor cooking, but it's still REALLY good!

Just liberally season and cook your pork roast/loin/whatever in the crock pot. I usually add a little chicken broth and a dash of liquid smoke, and cook it for however long you have- I've done it for as little as four hours with excellent results- the longer the better though. With pulled pork, my feeling is that one of the main goals is to make it super tender, and I've not found any method more effective than the crock pot to achieve that. After it's done, let it cool a bit and then commence shreddin'. Here's where you can make it as lean/fatty as you want (I opt for super lean). I then return it to the crock with some BBQ sauce (your choice here)- I like our local brand "Gates" 'cause it's not too sweet, and the celery seasoning in it goes well with pork. If you like the sweeter sauces, go for it.

Get some good buns and go to town. If you're doing a Carolina-type thing, put some slaw on top.

If you have time/facilities to do it outdoors that's always great too, but I've never gotten it as tender outdoors as I do in the crock pot. The main advantage of doing it outdoors is the capability to smoke the meat, but I really think the indoor method works really well.

Plus the leftovers keep well. It's a nice break from the usual holiday stuff.

I like this one somethin' fierce:

Garlic, mince up 2-3 cloves

Olive Oil

Cut 3 Red Bell peppers into 1" sections (like 2d cubes)

Obtain some fresh bay Scallops (1 1/2 to 2 lbs.) Small ones work best

Crushed Red Pepper to taste

Lemon

Butter (optional)

Sea Salt

Angel Hair Spaghetti

OK, Heat oven to 200-250 degrees/ Start cookin' angel hair/In a large saute pan (on the stove-top) you put in some olive oil, butter (still optional), garlic, crushed red pepper and salt and cook that up for a couple of minutes / Add the scallops, shred on (liberally) some of the lemon peel and cook until about 3/4 doneness (they're turning pearly white)/ Remove scallops with slotted spoon and place them in oven in a baking dish/ Put the red bell peps in with the garlic, olive oil, etc., and cook for a couple minutes. They'll barely start to soften, and then you take the scallops out of the oven and reinsert to the pan, and a little more lemon peel. Put pasta in a big bowl, mix it all up. I usually will add some more crushed red and parmesan at the end.

:party::party:

Edited by doubleM