what happened to Boston Market?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once upon a time before the internet bubble it was one of the hottest stocks on the market. They expanded too fast and the valuation of the stock fell as investors realized that maybe rotisserie chicken wasn't worth that much.

It might have gone through bankruptcy sometime or other though I'm not positive. It is now part of McDonalds. That's where they get the salt. ;)

Not sure how up to date it is, but here's a map of restaurant locations.

My guess is the people who ate there regularly all died of sodium poisoning and they were forced to close...

Man, you got that right. The few times I went there (I'm ashamed to say) with the wife and kid, I always bitched about the salt content. Yet my 84 year old father with high blood pressure loves the place. Go figure.

Meanwhile, here in southeast Florida, I haven't noticed their disappearance. But then again I'm usually oblivious about stuff I try to avoid. Will check it out tomorrow. There are (or were) two BMs (hey, ain't that the truth?), within a couple of miles in opposite directions from me.

Edited by MartyJazz

I like their spinich, their mac & cheese, and their apple desssert, but that's it. Oh yeah, some of the sammiches weren't bad.

They have/had a line of frozen foods as well. Now you can take it home without ever going there, much like the graduate of a bad jazz-ed program...

Only time I tried to go to one (late at night, after a Roscoe Mitchell concert), I pulled on the door to discover it was locked. The guy mopping the floor gave us the finger. Never tried again. Went down the street and found a delightful Mexican bistro and had a great time.

Reminds me of LA.

I get out there at 1 am because our flight was delayed (weather). The folks I was traveling with ("band leader" is fucking dumb ass term for them) were yammering on about how they wanted to eat while I drove them around. None of the places that were lit were really open.

I dropped them off at the place they were staying at. Only talked to them once after the tour.

Are there no diners in LA?

(kinda got off track Chuck...)

I like their spinich, their mac & cheese, and their apple desssert, but that's it. Oh yeah, some of the sammiches weren't bad.

I also liked the mac and cheese and spinach, and I agree that the sandwiches weren't bad, what I never understood is why they dropped ham from the menu. I'd go to Boston Market about twice a month for lunch, but lately, the final straw was the changes they made to the sandwiches:

shredded iceberg instead of the nice leafy romaine

toasting it like they're trying to compete with that other, hipper brand.

That, and the fact that the last sandwich I got came with not one but two slices of "tomato" which could hardly be called that: they were both lily white and utterly disgusting. How a restaurant could use them was totally beyond me.

Hey, what is dis Chuck Nessa guy talkin' lotsa smack 'bout Hoosier heads? If he keep it up I gonna post lotsa stoopid erroneous crap all ovah da Intanet 'bout how Philogy gonna put out a single four-minute track that take ALL the thunder outta dis much-bollyhooed Uptown Parker thingie... and call it FLIPPIN' THE BIRD, heh, heh!! :P