Soulstation1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Spin some Maiden today

I think it will!

I've listened to more Iron Maiden in the past 6 months that I did in the 6 years prior, for some reason they are really "clicking" with me again. I've been concentrating more on their recent albums. While not really even remotely "metal" anymore, they do play intelligent prog-fused heavy rock and sound like nobody but themselves.

They are heading out on the "Maiden England" tour this year, performing a variation of the setlist they performed on the 1988 "Seventh Son" tour, should be fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

A different kind of "cover". Iron Maiden does some of the best cover versions around, here is one of my all-time favorites... Jethro Tull's Cross-Eyed Mary. This is from 1983 and was the b-side to the The Trooper single.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdqx3XIwxsc

I wish they'd release the "Best of the B Sides" compilation separately. Currently only available (legally) in the Eddie's Archive box set, which is ridiculously expensive.

Wow, how did I miss this thread throughout the years?

Dug Maiden quite a bit through Somewhere In Time. They really lost me on Seventh Son. That album just struck me as incredibly tedious and not well-written. Live After Death is the most essential document they ever released, but Piece of Mind and Powerslave were my favorite studio albums.

Didn't favor either DiAnno or Dickinson, thought both were excellent. But I understand the inevitable Bonn Scott vs. Brian Johnson argument that always takes place in those kinds of circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...