Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rooster_Ties

"East Wind" catalog to be reissued in U.S. by 411

29 posts in this topic

The EastWind vinyls were marvellous. Excellent music, superb packaging and audio.

Except for the direct-to-disk album, all my EWs are reissues on Inner City. Still sound good, though.

BTW, is "East World" the same company? I have another direct-to-disk by Clifford Jordan on that label. It's called "Hello, Hank Jones" and includes Hank, Reggie Workman and Freddie Waits.

These have started materializing at CD Universe, either as 'available' or pre-order. I haven't done a complete search, but Blue Black is, I recall, a pre-order, and two Great Jazz Trios are 'available'. Hommage and Nefertiti also 'available'.

(Sorry if this is old news.)

BTW, is "East World" the same company? I have another direct-to-disk by Clifford Jordan on that label. It's called "Hello, Hank Jones" and includes Hank, Reggie Workman and Freddie Waits.

No, that was a Toshiba owned label - Blue Note or Mosaic could easily get access to these, who are nice, but they are only a handful IIRC. I have a Barry Harris with Charles Greenlee as "The Detroit Four".

There was a Paul Jackson funk LP which was reissued on CD - a friend of mine has it.

Quite a number of the East West recordings have been available for some time. I have 26 East West CDs though a large percentage of them are Japanese releases.