AUGUST JRVG ADDITIONAL TRACKS

grey

The August 27 JRVG releases will contain the following additional tracks:

Jimmy Smith-Softly As A Summer Breeze +4

Three Sounds-It Just Got To Be +2

Three Sounds-Out Of This World +2

Donald Byrd- Free Form +1

The other 6 JRVG releases do not contain additional tracks.

Yes. No. Maybe. Remember. . . Twardzik/Freeman, no release yet (and I asked Michael about that and he said "get the Japanese cd.) The Quebec "From Hackensack to Englewood Cliffs." . . . .

Admittedly these were not JRVGs, but. . . .

Yes. No. Maybe! is how I see it. :o

Edited by jazzbo

I suspect the Three Sounds might be getting a push from Blue Note- who knows, maybe leading up to a Mosaic set. I can see them getting the RVG "treatment" for US release. They have been "underserved." Byrd has been a BN favorite as far as RVGs go, so another (J) RVG for him seem in order. The Jimmy Smith seems somewhat less likely. Of course, this is all speculation. I am also of the "yes, no, maybe" mindset ;)

I suspect the Three Sounds might be getting a push from Blue Note- who knows, maybe leading up to a Mosaic set. I can see them getting the RVG "treatment" for US release. They have been "underserved."

Brad can give you details but I can tell you that Michael has strongly implied that domestic Sounds are unlikely in the foreseeable future. He's also minimized the likelihood of a full-size Mosaic but he did tell Brad that he "thought he had a solution" to the problem of so many Sounds albums, and he said this shortly before the announcement of the Mosaic Select series. So my guess is that a Mosaic Select is likely, perhaps in two volumes.

Seems that there is at least SOME demand for Three Sounds sessions

Almost all of The Three Sounds albums have been issued in Japan as TOCJ and JRVG releases. Even their Verve and Mercury sessions are available as Japanese releases.