Jazz in Paris.

B. Goren.

Well, I finally got Dusty to send me the Jean-Marie and the Anachronic Jazz Band. No luck on the Crolla. I'll get it at some point.

The Anachronic really is a hoot. Quite bizarre--especially their version of "Giant Steps." I will have to confess that I had never quite imagined Coltrane being played by a trad band! It is odd they didn't go ahead and put in everything, but they did include just about everything. Very entertaining...in fairly small doses!

greg mo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.geocities.jp/mmlg888/JazzCollectionIndex.html

don't know if this link has been posted before but this page has an interesting collection of european jazz covers from the fifties and sixties plus there is discographical information for the elek bacsik bossa nova session which is missing on the nuages jazz in paris cd...

(ARTIST) Elek Bacsik (g) Maurice Vander (p) Georges Grenu (ts) Raymond Guiot (fl) Pierre Michelot (b) Arthur Motta (ds)

(TITLE) 1. Desafinado 2. Recado 3. Samba de uma nota so 4. Stardust

(REC DATE) 1962

ErekBacsikBossaNova.JPG

Edited by Niko

http://www.geocities.jp/mmlg888/JazzCollectionIndex.html

don't know if this link has been posted before but this page has an interesting collection of european jazz covers from the fifties and sixties plus there is discographical information for the elek bacsik bossa nova session which is missing on the nuages jazz in paris cd...

(ARTIST) Elek Bacsik (g) Maurice Vander (p) Georges Grenu (ts) Raymond Guiot (fl) Pierre Michelot (b) Arthur Motta (ds)

(TITLE) 1. Desafinado 2. Recado 3. Samba de uma nota so 4. Stardust

(REC DATE) 1962

ErekBacsikBossaNova.JPG

thanks, niko, for the interesting link and the information about the bossa nova session!

keep boppin´

marcel