Now that S.W.A.T. Has finally made it to DVD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mnytime

I'm pretty sure Miles Davis was featured playing live in a jazz club in one episode. it also featured such actors as Kevin Spacey and Julia Roberts very early in their careers.

Remember Miles' guest spot on Miami Vice? I think he played a pimp. And then there was Miles' Honda(?) commercial (bike, not car)....

Spacey I first saw as Mel Profitt on Wiseguy, a show that for a cuppla seasons was one of the best things on.

The Wiseguys was an excellent show for the first two seasons.

Mel "The Toes Knows" Profit was a classic character.

This is making me feel old since I actually saw these shows in their first original runs.

Actually I think Quantum Leap was a classic. Oh Boy. ;)

So was Kolchack:The Night Stalker.

Have they put out a DVD of The Prisoner?

Noj

Amazing Stories was anything but Amazing. ;)

The Simpsons is coming out in August last I saw on Amazon. Looking forward to the second set of Family Guy. I wish it was still on aside from reruns on Cartoon Network.

RE: The Simpsons Third Season :party::party::party:

Excellent.

The Family Guy First Set has been in my DVD for the past week.....Hilarious show....kind of a cross between The Simpsons and South Park. Totally insane.

I wish it was still on and wonder why Fox pulled it. I wouldn't be surprised if it received complaints, as it demolished anything and everything for the hell of it.

Guest Mnytime

The Simpsons is coming out in August last I saw on Amazon. Looking forward to the second set of Family Guy. I wish it was still on aside from reruns on Cartoon Network.

RE: The Simpsons Third Season :party::party::party:

Excellent.

The Family Guy First Set has been in my DVD for the past week.....Hilarious show....kind of a cross between The Simpsons and South Park. Totally insane.

I wish it was still on and wonder why Fox pulled it. I wouldn't be surprised if it received complaints, as it demolished anything and everything for the hell of it.

Fox would not have pulled it because of complaints. Most of their shows received complaints. I get the impression they prefer them to get complaints. It gets the shows a lot of free ads.

It most likely wasn't getting the ratings to keep it on.

I'm still waiting for the #&*@@ third season of The Simpsons'!! :w:w:w

Aug 26th, a year to the day that season 2 came out...but you can imagine how hard it is to get a few directors and producers together(They have yet to let/have the actors comment on the DVDs)to sit down and watch 22, 22 minute long shows and reminisce for the audio commentary track! :rolleyes:

Guest Mnytime

I love jumptheshark--have killed some time there during slow work-periods, reacquainting myself w/some of the shows I watched as a kid.

Two I really want on DVD are "The Dick Van Dyke Show" (Season 1 on the way this fall) and "Hill Street Blues."

And this obscurity:

Before "Sex and the City," there was:

pegs.jpg

Anybody else remember this early-80's show w/Sarah Jessica Parker?

Your picture is not showing on my screen, but the only show from the early 80's that I recall Parker being on is Square Pegs.

Hard to believe if you saw that show that Parker would even be considered a Sex Symbol by people at any time. ;)

I understand the girl who played her friend teaches 2nd graders now.

Edited by Mnytime

People actually consider her a sex symbol? Wow.

I've never seen S. W. A. T and many other shows in this thread. I think I only ever watched SNL during the seventies! It was the eighties that TV captured me.

There aren't many tv shows I really want to see again that aren't readily available. The Dick Van Dyke Show---yeah, that would be a hoot to see. I like the early years of Bewitched too and haven't seen any of that show for a long time.

There was one show that was on that I'd like to see again because it just lasted a short period and then disappeared and I've never seen a minute of it since: "City of Angels." Was an attempt to be Chandleresque. I remember it being entertaining for fans of his work. And there was one recent show I wished would have succeded, by the makers of "Seinfeld": "It's Like You Know."

Also, I didn't get to see too many of Bonnie Hunts' shows, and I'd like to; I find her very attractive in many ways! (I think she writes and acts well.) :wub:

Guest Mnytime

People actually consider her a sex symbol? Wow.

I've never seen S. W. A. T and many other shows in this thread. I think I only ever watched SNL during the seventies! It was the eighties that TV captured me.

There aren't many tv shows I really want to see again that aren't readily available. The Dick Van Dyke Show---yeah, that would be a hoot to see. I like the early years of Bewitched too and haven't seen any of that show for a long time.

There was one show that was on that I'd like to see again because it just lasted a short period and then disappeared and I've never seen a minute of it since: "City of Angels." Was an attempt to be Chandleresque. I remember it being entertaining for fans of his work. And there was one recent show I wished would have succeded, by the makers of "Seinfeld": "It's Like You Know."

Also, I didn't get to see too many of Bonnie Hunts' shows, and I'd like to; I find her very attractive in many ways! (I think she writes and acts well.) :wub:

Yep, as scary as the thought might be to you and I, Parker is a Sex Symbol to many. And they are not blind or IQ challanged. ;)

Many of the shows you want to see are on TV Land.

Guest Mnytime

It appears from the pictures he chose to post that Parker is a Sex Symbol for Dan just as long as it's from the back and or long distance that he is looking at her. ;)

Edited by Mnytime

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is making me feel old. :( Most of the shows being mentioned are much later than the ones I would choose... I have a nostalgia for 60's-era shows. We have cable, but TV-Land doesn't quite have the variety I'd like to see. It IS good to see them airing things like Dick Van Dyke and Get Smart, though. The Hallmark channel is also offering some classics.

For DVD, I'd like to see some things that are hard (or impossible) to find on cable. COMBAT!, the WWII drama starring Vic Morrow, would be my top choice. I'm actually more of a comedy fan when it comes to TV shows, but this show featured some great writing, and great acting. I used to watch it in reruns during the 70's, and I recall one local station doing a marathon where they ran all the episodes sequentially. Wish I'd had a VCR at the time.

Anybody know if "The Wild Wild West" (the original TV show) has come out on DVD?

Mission Impossible? McHale's Navy?

How about "F Troop"? :)

• 1 year later...

For DVD, I'd like to see some things that are hard (or impossible) to find on cable. COMBAT!, the WWII drama starring Vic Morrow, would be my top choice. I'm actually more of a comedy fan when it comes to TV shows, but this show featured some great writing, and great acting.

banner_combatfan.jpg

morrow.gif

To my surprise, I stumbled onto two boxed sets today, while at one of my favorite CD shops that also has videos. A total of 8 DVD's, including the first 32 episodes. :tup