Now that S.W.A.T. Has finally made it to DVD

I'm a real fan of quirky shows, so I am very glad that Northern Exposure showed up (season 1 anyway). Does anyone remember The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd, starring Blair Brown? In many ways the forerunner of Ally McBeal, but I think much better written. It lasted a few seasons, had poor ratings, and I think ran for two seasons of new episodes on Lifetime. There doesn't appear to be any clamour for this, or the fan websites are just incredibly poor, so it will probably come out long after F Troop.

I would like to see Get Smart, and I think there is a good chance that will come out in a few more years.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably get killed for this, but I'd love to see "Leave it to Beaver" on DVD. I'm a huge fan. Hidden beneath the need to deal on a weekly basis with the Beaver's penchant for lying on a near pathological scale, there are some really good (and timeless) messages one can take from this show. I don't care much for the term "family values", but that's precisely what I mean. And how can anyone forget arguably the most duplicitous character in the history of television, Eddie Haskell? Bring it on.

Up over and out.

Remember Miles' guest spot on Miami Vice? I think he played a pimp.

Spacey I first saw as Mel Profitt on Wiseguy, a show that for a cuppla seasons was one of the best things on.

Miles played a hotel manager (or desk clerk?) in that Vice episode. As Jimmy Cobb said, "a whisper with attitude"!

I have all the "Wise Guys" on tape. (Insert "smug" smilie.) Well worth a reissue. Those had some great guests, including Jerry Lewis in prime dramatic form (none of the baby voice stuff).

I'd like to see some classic fifties B&W stuff, like "77 Sunset Strip", "Maverick" (Garner only, please!), "People Are Funny", "Wagon Train" et al.

It's much more recent, but did anyone catch "Land's End", with Freddie Dryer? It was set in Cabo, in Baha California Sur, and the scenery is terrific. Nice sounds, too, including some Spanish guitar. It's a shame that it only ran for one season.

Another one-season-only classic, also recent, was "Mr Chapel", with Michael Madsen as a tough guy who sets things right for victimized people. Very amusing show.