Sonny Stitt

sheldonm

Is that the Delmark release?  I'm wondering about that one.  Can you confirm that there's no varitone sax on it?  Thanks Mark.

Dan,

Yes, it is on Delmark; I left the disc in my office earlier today. I'll check it out in the morning and respond!

Mark

Edited by sheldonm

Sonny Stitt on Alto and Tenor, Don Patterson on B3 and Billy Pierce on Drums.

~Four

~On Green Dolphin Street

~Parker's Mood

~How High the Moon

~Shake Your Head

~It's Magic

~Getting Sentimental Over You

~Just Friends

~Body and Soul

~They Can't Take That Away From Me

Recorded in 1969

~Four

~On Green Dolphin Street

~Parker's Mood

~How High the Moon

~Shake Your Head

~It's Magic

~Just Friends

~Body and Soul

Recorded in 1969

Wow. Great set list. Can't wait for this to come out. Haven't discovered NEW Patterson in years. Was this originally on Delmark or another label?

~Four

~On Green Dolphin Street

~Parker's Mood

~How High the Moon

~Shake Your Head

~It's Magic

~Just Friends

~Body and Soul

Recorded in 1969

Wow. Great set list. Can't wait for this to come out. Haven't discovered NEW Patterson in years. Was this originally on Delmark or another label?

I think it was originally done for Delmark.

can i assume from these posts that sonny left his dreaded varitone attachment home for this recording date?

Well.....I can tell you that I listened to it a few times prior to reading the liners. It didn't sound like one is attached. Then I read the notes and it mentions that he does indeed use it. It also says that it was "used lightly". I really can't hear it at all....nice recording!

can i assume from these posts that sonny left his dreaded varitone attachment home for this recording date?

Well.....I can tell you that I listened to it a few times prior to reading the liners. It didn't sound like one is attached. Then I read the notes and it mentions that he does indeed use it. It also says that it was "used lightly". I really can't hear it at all....nice recording!

I'll take your word for it, Mark, and this one will definitely be on my 'watch list'.

thanks.

I hate that thing but I'll take your word for it Mark and check it out. Did you get an advance copy since it's not out until next Tuesday?

I bought it at the Jazz Record Mart a couple weeks ago and the recording is on Delmark (they are one and the same); I guess that's why they have it early.

Mark

I hate that thing but I'll take your word for it Mark and check it out.  Did you get an advance copy since it's not out until next Tuesday?

I bought it at the Jazz Record Mart a couple weeks ago and the recording is on Delmark (they are one and the same); I guess that's why they have it early.

Mark

So how is it Mark? Any thoughts yet on it?

• 6 years later...