--- title edited by moderator ---

Guest ariceffron

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dig Aric & SS1 both. Aric was a stupid fuck to issue death threats, no matter how "unserious" they might have been. In today's cyberage, you just don't do shit like that and expose yourself and the board's ownership to even potential liability if something funky but unrelated should go down somewhere, which is always a possibility. So Aric, wise up, stay wack, but plese grow the fuck up. Just a little. And settle your deal w/Jeff once and for all, somehow, so all this tiredass shit can be done with once and for all.

Jeff, you've won this round, and had some time to gloat. Good. You've had a legit beef w/AE for a good while now, but, really, enough is enough. You got enough going on elsewise to let it the fuck go now, ok? Greezy hands mean being able to hold on only to that which is essential, and getting screwed on a deal a few years ago hardly qualifies if your life is moving even slightly forward, which it seems to be. The really badass gangstas are the ones you don't never hear about, dig? The others are either posers or moving targets.

I will now tell myself to fuck off, and then proceed to do exactly that.

Edited by JSngry

Not to take sides here, I don't really care either way. Aric's had a long history of being banned way back to the ol' BNBB. It's basically an inevitability that comes along with his modus operandi. I think he operates on that level and accepts the consequences. He seems comfortable with that and always has. He's probably surprised he's lasted as long as he has this time around. Sometimes it's confusing, is Aric a bully or a comedian? Guess it depends on where you're standing in the schoolyard.

So my point is this..., today it was SS1, but it would have been somebody at some point. Just something to keep in mind before we dogpile on SS1.

Edited by Soul Stream

Much of the time, Aric was pretty god damn funny.  Some of the time he was a major asshole.

Sometimes you take the good with the bad.  Sometimes the bad gets too bad, and you kick the sonofabitch out, and then you don't have the good no more either.  Them's the breaks.

Maybe we let Aric cool off for six months, and then invite him back ( :ph34r: ).  No, not for one month -- that'd be too quick.  Six months, that'd be better.

I won't miss the crazy, "take-it-way-too-damn-far" shit from Aric.  But sure, I will definitely miss the good stuff -- the crazy stuff, the ROTFLMAO shit.

Or maybe we don't invite him back ever.

Whatever.  It's Jim's board, and it's Jim's call, and I'll back whatever he decides.

Gotta at least partially disagree with this. Sitting back and looking at it all, I find that I was laughing more AT Aric than I ever was laughing with him.

And I'm not real proud of that. But I'm not sure it was possible to ignore him, either, so that option kinda went out the window.

I kinda regret starting that Effronics thread a while back, that Jim shut down. While I still find random things he said to be hilarious, I also realize it could also have been seen as making fun of him.

I think Aric HAS some fairly deep knowledge of the particular jazz artists (and rock for that matter) that he likes, but I don't think he has the slightest clue as to how to interact with people here on a bulletin board, especially those with differing opinions. I hope he has more real world skills.

I don't know whether he belongs here or not, but I know he threatened (or at least wished dead) at least 3 people who are regulars here, and that's not right. Maybe the 6 month ban isn't a bad idea...

edit - Plus, he may be back as "Warne's World" or "Wakeman's Cape" or "Hot Curry" or something at some point anyway :P

Edited by Aggie87

Much of the time, Aric was pretty god damn funny.  Some of the time he was a major asshole.

Sometimes you take the good with the bad.  Sometimes the bad gets too bad, and you kick the sonofabitch out, and then you don't have the good no more either.  Them's the breaks.

Maybe we let Aric cool off for six months, and then invite him back ( :ph34r: ).  No, not for one month -- that'd be too quick.  Six months, that'd be better.

I won't miss the crazy, "take-it-way-too-damn-far" shit from Aric.  But sure, I will definitely miss the good stuff -- the crazy stuff, the ROTFLMAO shit.

Or maybe we don't invite him back ever.

Whatever.  It's Jim's board, and it's Jim's call, and I'll back whatever he decides.

Gotta at least partially disagree with this. Sitting back and looking at it all, I find that I was laughing more AT Aric than I ever was laughing with him.

And I'm not real proud of that. But I'm not sure it was possible to ignore him, either, so that option kinda went out the window.

I kinda regret starting that Effronics thread a while back, that Jim shut down. While I still find random things he said to be hilarious, I also realize it could also have been seen as making fun of him.

I think Aric HAS some fairly deep knowledge of the particular jazz artists (and rock for that matter) that he likes, but I don't think he has the slightest clue as to how to interact with people here on a bulletin board, especially those with differing opinions. I hope he has more real world skills.

I don't know whether he belongs here or not, but I know he threatened (or at least wished dead) at least 3 people who are regulars here, and that's not right. Maybe the 6 month ban isn't a bad idea...

edit - Plus, he may be back as "Warne's World" or "Wakeman's Cape" or "Hot Curry" or something at some point anyway :P

....don't forget the cancer!

Guest DizzySpells

i never once complained even when he said he would kill my family

he has my address

ss1

What Aric did was not in any way ok, but sticking fire embers up his rear end was a rather ineffective technique when it comes to keeping him away from you, I would think?

Guest DizzySpells

(Now if we could only do something about Couw and Moose and Catesta!)  :lol:  ;)

I agree, let's get those fuckers.

You wouldn't be the first one this board to knock himself out. ;)

I dig Aric & SS1 both. Aric was a stupid fuck to issue death threats, no matter how "unserious" they might have been. In today's cyberage, you just don't do shit like that and expose yourself and the board's ownership to even potential liability if something funky but unrelated should go down somewhere, which is always a possibility. So Aric, wise up, stay wack, but plese grow the fuck up. Just a little. And settle your deal w/Jeff once and for all, somehow, so all this tiredass shit can be done with once and for all.

Jeff, you've won this round, and had some time to gloat. Good. You've had a legit beef w/AE for a good while now, but, really, enough is enough. You got enough going on elsewise to let it the fuck go now, ok? Greezy hands mean being able to hold on only to that which is essential, and getting screwed on a deal a few years ago hardly qualifies if your life is moving even slightly forward, which it seems to be. The really badass gangstas are the ones you don't never hear about, dig? The others are either posers or moving targets.

:tup What he said!

Jan 11 2005: "I SERIOUSLY WANNA KILL THAT BITCH WHO IS RUNNING CTU"

Feb 10 2005: "IF I WAS THERE IN 1966 I WOULD HAVE TOOK OUT A MACHINE GUN AND KILLED EVERYONE IN THE SHRINE AUDITOURIUM "

Jan 15 2005: "yeah well i just did a voodoo dance so "sjarrell" and his whole family gets cancer"

Jan 10 2005: "I WANT THE LIST NOW YOU BETTER HAND IT OVER OR I AM GOING TO KILL YOU JSNGERY!"

Nov 3 2004: "AGRHGHRHGRHRJRJJRJJJJJHHJHH i am going to kill all of u"

April 11 2004: "i will mail u my elo-spaceship if u kill jazzmoose"

March 16 2005: "IM GOING TO KILL YOU SOULSTATION---- IF U DONT REMOVE THAT IM GOING TO KILL U AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY. AND SUE U. I HOPE U GET CANCER AND ARE WIPED OFF EARTH"

March 16 2005: "you are an asshole supreme. i wish u were dead"

Edited by Aggie87

Yesterday I was reading the thread from Rob Tjader and enjoying it and today I was reading this and had the exact opposite feeling. :( JSngry once again you put a situation in it's proper perspective.

Jan 11 2005: "I SERIOUSLY WANNA KILL THAT BITCH WHO IS RUNNING CTU" 

Feb 10 2005: "IF I WAS THERE IN 1966 I WOULD HAVE TOOK OUT A MACHINE GUN AND KILLED EVERYONE IN THE SHRINE AUDITOURIUM "

Jan 15 2005: "yeah well i just did a voodoo dance so "sjarrell" and his whole family gets cancer"

Jan 10 2005: "I WANT THE LIST NOW YOU BETTER HAND IT OVER OR I AM GOING TO KILL YOU JSNGERY!"

Nov 3 2004: "AGRHGHRHGRHRJRJJRJJJJJHHJHH i am going to kill all of u"

April 11 2004: "i will mail u my elo-spaceship if u kill jazzmoose"

March 16 2005: "IM GOING TO KILL YOU SOULSTATION---- IF U DONT REMOVE THAT IM GOING TO KILL U AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY. AND SUE U. I HOPE U GET CANCER AND ARE WIPED OFF EARTH"

March 16 2005: "you are an asshole supreme. i wish u were dead"

I totally agree that Aric went over the line, and did so on multiple occasions. He definitely deserves to be banned (and maybe should have been a time or two ago).

But, I still think we give Aric 6 months to cool off, and then we let him back in on a trial basis. Tell him that if he fucks up again, and he's out for good, and that means for forever (or for 5 years, whichever comes first!! :P ).

BUT, seriously, (and probably most importantly!!) -- I still think this is Jim's board, and therefore think that Jim ought to do whatever he thinks is best, including ignoring what I think. :g

(And I'll still miss Aric's good side. :ph34r: )