Miles Cellar Door Update

BFS

I only have it on mp3 but the quality is fine. It was encoded with AAC at 128, the standard itunes.

But if anyone in the states wants it send me a PM and I can do a B&P (blanks and postage). I think I can fit it all on one. Or, if you are outside the states or have broadband we can work something out too. Im sure, like me, everyone will buy a copy IF it hits the stores.

Moderator, please delete this of you find this unacceptable.

Edited by md655321

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how in the world is it that these details aren't already worked out well before a release comes out??

I mean, surely the Cellar Door sets are probably already made (physically), and are sitting in some warehouse somewhere. And then, somehow, on the eve of it's release -- everything gets hung up. <_< Again, how is it these details aren't already resolved BEFORE they even get to the point of physical production??

You know what? Screw it. If it comes out, great. If not, to hell with it. :angry:

I've still got plenty of good Miles to listen to.

I'm still letting my CDUniverse $38 order ride, though. :cool:

Exactly how I feel about it ... plus there is still Live-Evil to listen to!!!

Miles Davis - The Complete Cellar Door Sessions 1970 - 6-CD box set (Lonehill Records) February 2006

— with Gary Bartz, Keith Jarrett, John McLaughlin, Michael Henderson, Jack DeJohnette and Airto Moreira

— recorded over three nights; includes over five hours of previously-unreleased material

— (some material was released on the Live-Evil album)

— booklet includes an essay by Jordi Pujol

;)

New update from Miles-Beyond.com:

October

Earlier this month, Seth Rothstein, VP of Columbia Legacy, confirmed the release date of the Cellar Door as November 22 in the US. A week later someone closely involved e-mailed me with the message that "Vince Wilburn has put a kibosh on the whole thing again." Wilburn, Miles' nephew and a drummer in his uncle's band 1985-1987, is the leading voice in the Miles Davis Estate. He was also the person behind the first delay of the boxed set release. The latest word is that the release is abandoned altogether, but Columbia Legacy tells me today (October 28), that they continue to be confident that the set will come out, and that they are still hoping for a pre-Christmas release. Please watch this space for official news, and more details on the story behind all this, insofar as they can be revealved without compromising my sources.

Edited by TomNYC

Amazing, Mike, that was EXACTLY what I was about to post!

I know his mother (Miles's sister) was in charge ten years ago, but she must be too sick or even dead by now. I was told that at one of the Miles conferences in St. Louis, she looked up and down at a woman's Miles T-shirt and asked her if it was 'authorized'. Looks like the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree.

Bertrand.

warehouse.jpg

It's four aisles to the right, 43rd row back.

Alan, check again. Looks like the Miles is the 44th row back. 43rd row is the Complete 50's Columbia Recordings of Sing Along With Mitch Miller box set. Rumored that Mosaic and Sundazed are in a bidding war for the 180 gram vinyl reissue rights to that one.

This set appears in the newest Collector's Choice catalog.

To hopefullly save others some time, I called CCM: they don't have the set in stock; it's "on backorder" :blink: / to be released November 14, 2005 :wacko::wacko: .

Feel free to place your order with the utmost confidence. :crazy:

(I foolishly hoped that I'd call and be told: YES! We have the set in stock and ready to ship! Hope springs eternal.)

Edited by Chaney

(sung to the Indiana Jones theme)

It's the box set

we wait for.

We're still waiting

for the Cellar Door!

First a month late,

then some more!

Oh Vin-cent!

Oh Vin-cent!

Hey Vin-cent! Don't

be such a bore!

He's your Uncle,

that is true.

Did you think that

he can't fire you?

Mr. Wilburn,

don't be blue!

Oh Vin-cent!

Oh Vin-cent!

Hey Vin-cent!

We pre-ordered, too!

etc.,etc. :) maybe more to come, or not......